01-10-2007, 12:55 PM
This poll is on Skimag.com and seemed to in line with some recent posts/rants

sugarboarder
01-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Like my sig says...

Tin Woodsman
01-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Yard Sale -

I'd like to vote D) none of the above. I think C) comes closest to what I think. It's their right/business to decide what kinds of recreation they want on their slopes. In some cases it's good business (MRG, Deer Valley) and in some cases (Taos?) it's probably bad business.

Yard Sale
01-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Mr. Woodsman, please accept my aplogy. There actually was a selection for D. It was not a none or all of the above it was "Everyone should go Tele. Sorry about that. Haste makes waste.

freeheel_skier
01-10-2007, 03:49 PM
I know that this isn't a serious poll. But the answers are biased.

Strat
01-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Like my sig says...
Experience is the teacher of the stupid?

Yard Sale
01-10-2007, 04:52 PM
You can't teach stupid. Either you're stupid or you are not. :wink:

sugarboarder
01-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Like my sig says...

The translation can be a little different depending on who you talk to, but...

Events are the teachers of fools or "Fools must be taught by experience."

I like your version better! :lol: :lol:

Lostone
01-10-2007, 08:47 PM
I like the other side better.

Most wise decisions are the result of experience.

Most experience is the result of foolish decisions. :wink:

I know that this isn't a serious poll. But the answers are biased.

Like "When did you stop beating your wife?"?

I agree the answers were made up (including the missing choice (D) ) by someone with their answer already in mind, and planning on getting the other answerers to agree with them.

Strat
01-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Like my sig says...

Well a bit of Latin translation is interpretation, but the original speakers of various quotes usually made their meanings clear, even if the quote didn't even have a verb in it, like in this case... literal translation is "Occurrence/consequence/experience teacher of stupid men." Of course "is" is implied, and another way to say "stupid men/people" is just "the stupid," as in, the people who are stupid. I could go deeper into Latin grammar but I won't, though I do enjoy opportunities to talk about it outside of class...

8)

freeheel_skier
01-10-2007, 09:50 PM
I could go deeper into Latin grammar but I won't, though I do enjoy opportunities to talk about it outside of class...

If you did I think it would require a seperate thread :lol:

sugarboarder
01-10-2007, 10:40 PM
Like my sig says...

Well a bit of Latin translation is interpretation, but the original speakers of various quotes usually made their meanings clear, even if the quote didn't even have a verb in it, like in this case... literal translation is "Occurrence/consequence/experience teacher of stupid men." Of course "is" is implied, and another way to say "stupid men/people" is just "the stupid," as in, the people who are stupid. I could go deeper into Latin grammar but I won't, though I do enjoy opportunities to talk about it outside of class...

8)

Latin grammar discussion - In pace requiescat! (aka R.I.P.) http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/images/smilies/sleep.gif

Bubba
01-11-2007, 09:21 AM
Experience is learning, everything else is just information.
-Albert Einstein

sasquatch
01-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Hey, when you miss the bus it always makes it a lot harder to get where you want to go.