PDA

View Full Version : Favorite 'adult' beverage?

01-09-2007, 12:50 PM
The past year or so, I gone through a personal discovery period in terms of determining my favorite booze intake. I've tried many different beers and a few different types of liquor, but I keep coming back to IPA as my favorite apres drink. The more hoppy and bitter, the better. I also enjoy merlot from time to time, but that buzz tends to creep up on me and then it's too late. Have always liked Tangueray and Tonic and have been drinking vodka/cranberry a bit lately. I've also found I sometimes like a dark rum on the rocks, but again I usually come back to IPAs or other fine microbrews.

noski
01-09-2007, 01:09 PM
Long Trail Blackbeary Wheat. Sure wish I could get it year around. What would be a comparable LT while I wait for summer?

Plowboy
01-09-2007, 01:55 PM
Bud Can and sometimes Makers Mark. :shock:

djspookman
01-09-2007, 05:00 PM
Rock Art Ridgerunner, Tourt River Rainbow Red, Trout River Oatmeal Stout, in that order!

too bad I can't get it down here in stupid no good beer land in southern NH!!! (but it makes it all that much sweeter when I do get it!)

dave

Yard Sale
01-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Rock Art Brown Bear. . .Balvenie Portwood Single Malt.

Lostone
01-09-2007, 06:21 PM
Long Trail Blackbeary Wheat.

I used to work with the guy who started Long Trail. Quite the back stabber. Clawed his way toward the top over a lot of bodies. :evil:

As for me, generally wine. Nothing too expensive, as I would call it pearls before swine. :wink:

smootharc
01-09-2007, 07:16 PM
....lots and lots of beans.....smashed and pressure blasted with hot H2O to make latte's and cappu's and espresso's and all their caffeinated friends. Toss on my beret, look rakish and cool, and then my wife can't keep her hands off me ! :lol:

sugarboarder
01-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Talisker scotch on the rocks!

shadyjay
01-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Used to drink Shaeffer (gasp), but ever since I moved to VT, I have been drinking mostly L/T or Magic Hat. My favorite are the winter survival packs - traditional Long Trail or Long Trail IPA are my favs. When in the BBORO area I try to grab a McNeils. Can't get that anywhere except the SE corner.

-JH

freeheel_skier
01-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Sierra Navada, Harpoon IPA & Guinness. I am not allowed to drink Manson juice (brown liquor) :lol:

random_ski_guy
01-10-2007, 11:50 PM
Anything from the Elsinore brewery. I swear that stuff's has mind control powers. :shock:

If I can't find Elsinore then it be a Sam Adams, Long Trail, Boddingtons or whatever's new when it comes to beer. I like to try new beers all the time.

I also drink a fair amount of wine at home. Red California Zins and Cabs.

Mike_451
02-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Any Long Trail, Becks, Corona (with a lime), Anything from Otter Creek, An Occasional Budwiser?

Dislikes,

Light Beers (I don't need to loose weight)

Hates

Magic Hat (esp Circus Boy) , Pabst (who ever thought beer would give you the runs?)

As far as the hard stuff, I can't afford anything that is of any particular quality :x

MntMan4Bush
02-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Nothing like a Wolaver's Oatmeal Stout on a cold day next to a fire. When that's not around a LT will more than do. For the hard stuff we've been hitting Allen's and milk lately. More of a Maine drink, but gets the job done for sure. They know what they're doing.

noski
02-12-2007, 10:13 AM
Used to drink Shaeffer (gasp),-JH That would be: "Shaefer- is the- one beer to have when you're having more than one." Those darned jingles.

MikeTrainor
03-05-2007, 08:39 PM
I love Woodstock Station's Pig's Ear (NH). Plus it is sold at my local liquor store here in MA. As for VT beer I like Switchback.