PDA

View Full Version : Intrawest rumor?

arc1
01-08-2007, 10:20 AM
Anyone else heard rumors that there is a possible Intrawest interest in place to buy the resort? I've heard it a few times now.

freeheel_skier
01-08-2007, 10:23 AM
:lol: I love intrawest rumors. I think I heard that one a while ago. I am sure someone in the "know" can verify the accuracy :wink:

BushMogulMaster
01-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Anyone else heard rumors that there is a possible Intrawest interest in place to buy the resort? I've heard it a few times now.

No... 99% certain that that's a big NO. Besides, I don't think Win would even consider selling the resort to Intrawest, but maybe he could chime in here and dispell the rumor????

Then again, I could be wrong. I hope not!

ski_resort_observer
01-08-2007, 11:11 AM

OMG....can't believe you would even post something so rediculous. Exactly, where and from whom did you hear these rumors?

ahm
01-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Yep, hot topic in "tub" and bar.............with the closing of MRG, IW is coming in and buying the whole ridge. Didn't you see the IW van at Egans on Sat......................

arc1
01-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Heard it from a couple of pretty smart sources. Why do you find this so 'rediculous'? I can't even imagine what SV's books must look like now.

Mtnlady
01-08-2007, 11:33 AM
The Stratton Free-style team was here - IW.

ski_resort_observer
01-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Yep, hot topic in "tub" and bar.............with the closing of MRG, IW is coming in and buying the whole ridge. Didn't you see the IW van at Egans on Sat......................

LMAO...a father dropping off his kids at LP yesterday, told me ASC is going to use some of the proceeds from the Steamboat sale to buy back the Bush because they were pissed that SV accomplished what they couldn't do and then they would then claim it was their doing. :wink: :wink: :wink:

To be serious for a moment, on Intrawest, since the company was swallowed up by a major private equity firm(Fortress) and taken out off the NYSE and gone private, rumors about what the company is doing are swirling around the country more than ever. The only thing I know for sure is the obvious. Their PNW/CO resorts, especially their flagship resort, Whistler, are making them smile but their resorts in the northeast are keeping the hari-kari(sic)
sword in the room. :lol:

sugarboarder
01-08-2007, 01:55 PM
I heard Courtney Love, Eminem and Prince are forming a group to buy the resort.

ski_resort_observer
01-08-2007, 02:35 PM
Again, back to Intrawest,...............freezeframe...CNBC just announced that Courtney Love had to drop out of the deal because, according to her publicist, she had misunderstood the term "white powder" when she was presented with the deal by her "financial advisor"

.............most everybody knows Intrawest just paid 256m for Steamboat. They(Fortress) has alot of cash ability so it's only logical that if you were looking to buy a resort or two, eyeing a few here in the east, the timing couldn't be better even if Fortress was paying Ma Nature directly. The next year or so should be very interesting in the ski resort biz, very interesting indeed.

walks
01-08-2007, 07:17 PM
Interesting that this post has been going on for the whole day and no response from Win! What's up?

Lostone
01-08-2007, 07:21 PM
Maybe... as opposed to most of us who have been at the computer all day... he has a life? :lol:

Or, in other words, he hasn't posted on anything, so he might have other things to do. :wink:

walks
01-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Is lostone an alias for Win?

DaveW
01-08-2007, 07:23 PM
Obviously this rumor has been started to cover up the true story. Mad River Glen is currently in negotiations to buy Sugarbush. The long term plan being to build a Tbar connecting MRG to ME, and selling LP to Burton.

Lostone
01-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Is lostone an alias for Win?

That will get him to post!!! :lol:

Mike451
01-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Heh, I doubt Win would sell his interest in Sugarbush, afterall it really seems he is happy with his job, and really enjoys it, probably why he bought the resort in the first place. (Nothing like escaping the corperate world, as a VP for Merrill Lynch to run a Ski Resort)

If Interwest buys Sugarbush, I will personaly tell them to piss off and kick them out of town, well at least I wish I could do that.

BushMogulMaster
01-08-2007, 08:18 PM
If Interwest buys Sugarbush, I will personaly tell them to piss off and kick them out of town, well at least I wish I could do that.

Hey, it worked with ASC! :wink: :lol:

bill-now
01-08-2007, 08:56 PM
I've personally spoken to Lostone and have seen Win in person and can confirm that they are indeed the same person (more or le$$).

Lostone
01-08-2007, 09:22 PM
and can confirm that they are indeed the same person (more or le$$).

Somebody's gonna be sleeping in the hot tub! :lol:

shadyjay
01-08-2007, 09:54 PM
wow - where have i been all day? so this is what y'all do when its "funking" outside...
(oh yeah, at work, making laps up and down 89)

-Jay

Mike451
01-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Heh, I regret to inform you guys that I have met Win, and I have met Lost One and they are not the same guy, unless that is that the Person I have met claiming to be Lost One, is not Him, or the person I have met as Win, is just an imposter.

Interwest buying Sugarbush, C-Mon Whats next, they are paying 500 dollars for it? I vote for no more discussion on this matter, untill someone comes forward with (A. Some Real Facts (B. Win Says Something or (C Hell Freezes over, which will never happen due to global warming.

Strat
01-09-2007, 07:24 AM
(C Hell Freezes over, which will never happen due to global warming.

Not according to The Day After Tomorrow...

Mike451
01-09-2007, 09:05 AM
I didn't intend to spark scientific debate on Global Warming, which will of course create an Ice Age anyway for parts of the world. Anyway, it was just joke, "when hell frezes over" you have heard that before, right?

sugarboarder
01-09-2007, 09:41 AM
Ooooooo, you guys wre talking weather in a non-weather forum...Tinny's gonna get mad and lock it up....stay on topic now. :wink:

freeheel_skier
01-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Ooooooo, you guys wre talking weather in a non-weather forum...Tinny's gonna get mad and lock it up....stay on topic now. :wink:

Now, Now. That's not nice :lol:

ski_resort_observer
01-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Just wanted to say I once heard a funny comment. "if hell does freeze over an eastern skier will be able to ski it better than a western skier"

Tin Woodsman
01-09-2007, 10:42 AM
OK, I think it's time to put this thread out of its misery, unless someone has specific reason to re-open, in which case PM me.