PDA

View Full Version : Sugarbush skier goes west

Treeskier
01-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Just entered into Lake Tahoe. A good 8-12 inches on Mt Rose Pass. Since I am away it usually dumps at some point at the Bush. So forget what the weather man says and come ski.....:)

ski_resort_observer
01-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Glad to hear Tahoe is finally getting some snow....looks like many resorts out there have had a very tough start for the ski season as well. You must be some sort of snow charm. Please make it our turn at your earliest convenience :lol:

jwt
01-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Tree! I'll be on yer heels headed to Utah in 4 weeks. . . . .then Colorado in March to visit the kid in grad school. . . . .and uh, ski some natural snow! How long you out in Tahoe for and where are you making turns?
Bring some back with you, and make it light and dry, please.

Full ski house this week and little snow. . . . .can't even snow shoe! Give us some good descriptions so we can live vicariously. . . . . . . . . . . .

HowieT2
01-04-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm in Snowbird at the end of January. Please gift them some snow on your way back.

Abe Froman
01-04-2007, 11:03 PM
Just entered into Lake Tahoe. A good 8-12 inches on Mt Rose Pass. Since I am away it usually dumps at some point at the Bush. So forget what the weather man says and come ski.....:)

:roll: Please, Please stay out there. :shock: Really!

Abe Froman
01-04-2007, 11:04 PM
:idea: I really mean it :!:

freeheel_skier
01-04-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm in Snowbird at the end of January. Please gift them some snow on your way back.

The Bird doesn't need any gifts....you are just being selfish :lol:

Gift some back to the East BABY! :D

Treeskier
01-09-2007, 11:33 AM
Had some fine powder runs at the bginning of the trip. But it's been several days since the last storm. The best part has been the extreem steeps. Kirkwood was fun yesturday as was the back bowl at Alpine Meadows. Looks like you all are finally getting snow....fill in the trees.

ski_resort_observer
01-09-2007, 11:46 AM
OK, you had some fun out west, now get your butt back here so it can start snowing, dangit! :wink:

Lostone
01-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Fill in the trees...? :cry:

I don't think you have a good picture of what has happened, here. We're talking fill in Downspout. :cry:

But today did help some... Now, if we can get tonight to help out... :wink:

boze
01-10-2007, 05:34 PM
[quote=HowieT2]I'm in Snowbird at the end of January. Please gift them some snow on your way back.

The Bird doesn't need any gifts....you are just being selfish :lol:

Gift some back to the East BABY! :D

Please excuse my buddy Howie, he's a bit funny in the head. Somehow he's unclear what Alta's 57" base depth & season-to-date snowfall of 159" means. True, they've only just got some decent snows late last week after a 10 day 'dry' spell. But I'd kill for just a fraction of those totals at our beloved S'bush.

Anyway, I get the fun job of introducing Howie to Alta-Bird land later this month...if he's still cranky I'll ditch him well off of skiers left off the Supreme chair at Alta. He can then spend rest of Winter thawing out with the bear...and with no cigarettes.

HowieT2
01-10-2007, 06:57 PM
This weather has made me crazed for snow. Not to jinx us but I want like 5 feet.
Besides, you'll be lucky if you can get your boots on. Back boy! :D :P

Treeskier
01-14-2007, 10:21 AM
I'm back and it is snowing!!!!!

Fill in those trees :)

Treeskier
01-17-2007, 10:40 PM
Went to Sierra at Tahoe ski area and found a trail under their highest lift to be filled with rocks or should I say boulders. Gives Castlerock a run for it's money!
http://www.clubxtaski.com/070103-14_Lake_Tahoe/images/113.jpg http://www.clubxtaski.com/070103-14_Lake_Tahoe/images/116.jpg http://www.clubxtaski.com/070103-14_Lake_Tahoe/images/128.jpg

Steep too! What do you think?

BushMogulMaster
01-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Went to Sierra at Tahoe ski area and found a trail under their highest lift to be filled with rocks or should I say boulders. Gives Castlerock a run for it's money!

Steep too! What do you think?

Looks like fun to me! :D

Mike_451
01-17-2007, 11:27 PM
Untill it dumps for a week, and they all get coverd in snow 8)

HowieT2
01-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Back from my first trip to the 'bird and you'll all be glad to hear that the "bush has way more snow than they do now. Yes, lucky as I am, the only snow I saw was upon landing around midnight at JFK. Really liked the crust and ice and rocky moguls. Felt like I was back east.

BTW-not to be superstitious, but a prior post on this thread jinxed us.

Looking forward to this weekend in Warren.

boze
01-29-2007, 05:02 PM
BTW-not to be superstitious, but a prior post on this thread jinxed us.

...and a wee bit cranky. :evil:

(but to be safe, no bets on Superbowl weekend snowfall up at our beloved 'Bush!)

:wink: