PDA

View Full Version : ME 1/1/07

BushMogulMaster
01-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Happy New Year!

Date(s) Skied: 1/1/07

Conditions: :lol: I don't even know where to begin! Ice, sleet, frozen granular, wet packed, wet machine groomed, frozen machine groomed, crud, etc.

Trip Report: Well, it was interesting. I only was only out for about an hour. Elbow was skiing pretty well, considering. Most wet machine groomed, with some slick spots. Lower Elbow was pretty hard and slick. Cruiser was soft wet machine groomed, and skied well. Which Way was interesting. Where it had been skied was soft. Where it hadn't was crusty frozen granular. Bravo actually fairly soft, though it was a bit tough to turn on. Exterminator actually improved with today's warm temps and some sleet. It helped the snow from the other day bite into the boiler-plate ice that was all over it yesterday. It was actually edgable today :wink: ! Encore was similar to Which Way with some decent spots, and some not-so-decent spots. It's definitely well skied off, and won't last much longer without some more snow. Mainstream was pretty icy. I could ski Bravo, Exterm, and Encore with no trouble, but could barely keep from falling on Mainstream! Straight Shot was skiably soft, but not much fun.

I feel bad for anyone who thought he would do some poaching today! I certainly wouldn't have wanted to ski 6+ inches of soaked snow with an icy crust on top! :lol:

Hopefully we'll get an inch or two of decent snow overnight. That would help bring back wintry conditions. :)

ski_resort_observer
01-01-2007, 04:49 PM
BMM - you should get some kind of award for not only skiing today but also doing a trip report. I was very curious how the weather last night affected the mountain...thanks!

BushMogulMaster
01-01-2007, 06:56 PM
BMM - you should get some kind of award for not only skiing today but also doing a trip report. I was very curious how the weather last night affected the mountain...thanks!

I agree, if I may say so myself :lol:

Yeah, it was rough. Better days ahead! :D