PDA

View Full Version : Torchlight Parade cancelled

ski_resort_observer
12-29-2006, 06:25 PM
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the Torchlight Parade has been cancelled due to lack of snow on Spring Fling. There was talk about moving it to another trail but there really aren't others that would work very well. Maybe if we get that snow that Castlerock has personally guaranteed :wink: maybe it can happen.

Bottom line tho is that its definately worth coming up to LP this Sunday night for the fireworks.

walks
12-30-2006, 02:34 PM
How about the village run. Saw it open. Castlerock hit the forcast right on the button. Thanks for the pow today.

ski_resort_observer
12-30-2006, 07:57 PM
I assume you mean Easy Does It? Wide enough but too flat, too short. That was the first one that I thought of as well when I was trying to come up with an alternative.

The funniest thing is just yesterday afternoon I asked someone.... "I know this is a crazy thought but what if we got 10" of snow tonight, would we be able to do it". The response was basically a laugh and a "I don't think so".

BushMogulMaster
12-30-2006, 08:08 PM
I assume you mean Easy Does It? Wide enough but too flat, too short. That was the first one that I thought of as well when I was trying to come up with an alternative.

The funniest thing is just yesterday afternoon I asked someone.... "I know this is a crazy thought but what if we got 10" of snow tonight, would we be able to do it". The response was basically a laugh and a "I don't think so".

Easy Does It is the beginner run by Tommy's Toy at ME... is that really what you mean, SRO??? :?: Maybe you mean Easy Rider?

Strat
12-30-2006, 08:46 PM
At least Easy Does It is a real trail now (kinda)... it used to be an indeterminate flattish area at the bottom of Inverness that sort of tied in with a surface lift they had there years ago (in addition to the GMVS Poma), but when they added Tommy's Toy they "moved" the trail, and it makes much more sense now.

Lostone
12-30-2006, 10:07 PM
1) Pretty sure the trail suggested was supposed to be Easy Rider, by the Village Double.

B) As to the racing and snowmaking comments, remember those trails were brown a week ago, not because they didn't want to make snow on them, but because it was warm, and we had rain. It is hard for them to move onto other trails, when the ones they have open are being wiped out by said warm and rain.

Just keep it cold, and they'll get things open as soon as they can. Better yet, get us a couple feet of snow and they can open almost everything. :wink:

ski_resort_observer
12-31-2006, 12:24 AM
Lol....Yup, I got the two Easys mixed-up. I didn't have a trail map handy as I usually don't need one but this time I should have checked.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a super and safe New Years Eve and we all have a very snowful 2007.

Personal thread hijack......Hey Plowboy...was that you plowing the Mad Mountain Tavern today at about 12:30? I was going to stop to say hello but you looked kinda busy. Glad to see it. My brother-in-law back in Maine who is snow removal contractor still hasn't seen much snow. A 2"er a few weeks is all they have gotten so far this year.

Mike451
12-31-2006, 04:33 PM
According to the Website, Spring Fling is open, does this change anything?