PDA

View Full Version : The first natural snow trail on the East Coast is now open

atkinson
12-27-2006, 12:05 PM
at Sugarbush! Thanks to Patrol and the Adventure Campers who foot packed it in the last few days. Great work and thank you Mother Nature!

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/medium/Spillsville2-122806.jpg
Emily S., an Adventure Camper, enjoying first tracks.

http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/515/medium/Spillsville3-122806.jpg
And her cousin Kendall S.

John

random_ski_guy
12-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Is that Spillsville?

Plowboy
12-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Heaven's Gate Triple Open
Trail Open Groomed Snowmaking
Jester X X X
Allyn's Traverse X X X
Organgrinder X X X
Spillsville X
Sigi's Ripcord
Lower Ripcord
Paradise
Lower Paradise
Paradise Extension

castlerock
12-27-2006, 01:42 PM
I did spills laps all morning. In fact I skied right past Mr. Atkinson on one of them. My kids and I were commenting how nice it was to have a soft surface!

walks
12-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Took about 4 runs on spillsville this morning with the usual crew and everyone had smiles on there faces. In fact everyone I saw had a big smile. Joking about how great we said the snow was. During a normal year probably would have stayed of that one with the way the cover was. Still nice to be on natural snow.

Couldn't believe the amount of people on deathspout. Like moving gates on the NASTAR course. Very dangerous.

Hope some of the lower mountain opens soon to relieve the pressure.

win
12-27-2006, 03:49 PM
We are trying to get Pushover open tomorrow by late morning. It will not be groomed but will take some pressure off of the Bravo trails. By the weekend we hope to have some more Gate House trails if the temperatures stay low enough.

random_ski_guy
12-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Win, what's next on Mt Ellen for snow making, Whichway? Beginner Lift Pod? The Cliffs or Lower Ext. / Northway?

BushMogulMaster
12-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Win, what's next on Mt Ellen for snow making, Whichway? Beginner Lift Pod? The Cliffs or Lower Ext. / Northway?

I believe Northstar will be the next focus in an effort to open up some beginner skiing from midflats. After that, probably Which Way, Cliffs. Then some work on Riemergasse area. Somewhere in there they'll have to blow on Inverness for GMVS, et. al. I'm not sure where Northway & Northridge Expressway will fit in there, but it seems pointless (to me) to spend the money/time making snow on them before the "I" can run. And what is the point of running that if the Inverness trail isn't open? That's just my opinion though.......

Perhaps Win can elaborate a bit?

Mike451
12-28-2006, 02:03 AM
Nice.....

I wish I were there to bump it up on Spillsville. Speaking of Natural Snow, there was a nice streatch on Exterminator that was natural in early december, as much of skiers right on FIS.

BushMogulMaster
12-28-2006, 09:03 AM
Nice.....

I wish I were there to bump it up on Spillsville. Speaking of Natural Snow, there was a nice streatch on Exterminator that was natural in early december, as much of skiers right on FIS.

Very true. When Exterm was first open, the natural snow stretch was my favorite section. Then it got skied down to the grass :cry: . Oh well; it was fun while it lasted! :wink:

At least winter appears to be back to stay for a while :D .