PDA

View Full Version : Right Now

strolz
12-22-2006, 08:43 PM
How about the whether now, Fri. Night

Lostone
12-22-2006, 09:26 PM
It would suck to be driving, but I think it is helpful to the snow pack that it is starting with freezing rain. I think a lot of the rain will run over the snow.

(Note: The preceeding answer contains a large amount of Guy Answer Syndrome. This is where someone (Usually a guy) comes up with information non-encumbered by the knowledge process. ) :lol:

noski
12-22-2006, 09:29 PM
:roll: aye yi yi...

Actually just drove up Center Fayston, I must have timed the sand truck just right as I made it home ok. Once car off- must have been pre-sand. If there was no sand, it would have been a bad ride. Not raining hard, just lightly at this point.

Lostone
12-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Actually, the first part of my post had nothing to do with Guy Answer Syndrome. I HATE driving in freezing rain. It is only rain. Nothing dangerous... until you notice your rear wheels passing your front ones... and that you need new underwear. :shock:

BushMogulMaster
12-22-2006, 10:24 PM
It would suck to be driving, but I think it is helpful to the snow pack that it is starting with freezing rain. I think a lot of the rain will run over the snow.

I was just out driving on 100, 17, and German Flats. You're right... it sucked! 100 wasn't that bad, and 17 was manageable. Parts of German Flats and the ME access road are pretty slick. There's a slight glaze over all of the snow already, and I think you're right that it will help to keep the snowpack. Otherwise, there might not be any snow on the mountain on Sunday :( . We'll just have to watch and see.

As of right now (10:20) it's lightly raining at the base of Mt. Ellen. Completely NCP. It stopped sleeting by 5:00, but some of the rain continued to freeze. According to NWS the chance for freezing rain is slim after 1am.

There's still hope for some snowfall during the week, and the temps will drop again Sunday night for snowmaking. Next week will be another good snowmaking week. Imagine where the North Eastern ski industry would be without snowmaking.............

CapeSkiGuy
12-22-2006, 10:55 PM
This is why I headed out of the valley this afternoon...beat the freezing rain, and it looks like it was the right decision. I didn't want to be heading back to the condo from "extended apres-ski" on glare ice. See you after Xmas.

skiladi
12-23-2006, 09:06 AM

(Note: The preceeding answer contains a large amount of Guy Answer Syndrome. This is where someone (Usually a guy) comes up with information non-encumbered by the knowledge process. ) :lol:

GAS

sugarboarder
12-23-2006, 09:33 AM
...I think it is helpful to the snow pack...

Snow pack?

Tin Woodsman
12-23-2006, 01:26 PM
Speaking of right now, how did the conditions hold up through last night's rain?

win
12-23-2006, 05:08 PM
Very little snow loss fortunately. Trying to blow snow tonight at the top of both mountains. Keep your eyes on Monday. A possibility!