PDA

View Full Version : NYE @ Gate House

skiladi
12-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Vermont Black tie? Is this any different than any other black tie? I feel silly asking but are the men really going to wear tuxedos?
This I gotta see.
My hubby has a nice 3-pc. suit and dress coat but he doesn't own a tux. Someone please clarify so I can snag a nice rental. Or is da 'bush getting a little out of my league? ; }

skiladi
12-15-2006, 10:48 AM
No need to respond , peanuts , unless you feel like throwing down some lol's. I talked with central res. and they said there will probably be everything from formal wear people coming from the dinner at Timbers to people in costumes , so she heard. Should be interesting. ; } PS. If we don't have a winter by then I will be the one crying in my champagne. Look for me!

djspookman
12-15-2006, 10:49 AM
Vermont Black tie? Is this any different than any other black tie? I feel silly asking but are the men really going to wear tuxedos?
This I gotta see.
My hubby has a nice 3-pc. suit and dress coat but he doesn't own a tux. Someone please clarify so I can snag a nice rental. Or is da 'bush getting a little out of my league? ; }

when I think Vermont Black Tie, I think flannel and carhart's!! but i'm sure its a little more formal than that!

dave

win
12-15-2006, 11:54 AM
Timbers is having a real black tie dinner, and I would presume that a lot will go over to the Gate House afterwards. Vermont Black tie in the spirit of Vermont means independently creative, and I suspect you will see a wide range of dress! Wear what brings out the party in you!

skiladi
12-15-2006, 02:16 PM
Timbers is having a real black tie dinner, and I would presume that a lot will go over to the Gate House afterwards. Vermont Black tie in the spirit of Vermont means independently creative, and I suspect you will see a wide range of dress! Wear what brings out the party in you!
http://forums.skimrv.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album01&id=DSC05954&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

This would work! ; }