PDA

View Full Version : Sugarbush North - Monday

Mike_451
12-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Great Conditions, Low Visibility.

Temps were arround 38 at the base, low to mid 30's mid station, and still below freezing at the top through the day 8)

Headed up about 12:00 in the afternoon, Skied Upper Rimrun to Looking Good, than Upper Rimrun to Elbow..... Both trails were perfectly groomed, soft, and absoultly ripping :P Epic Crusing, if it wern't for the fog :x

Then headed back up, Took FIS skiers right (steep side) entrance, down and FIS was quite nice, no serious ice, as everything had softened up nicely, nice pow bumps on the right side all the way down 8)

Headed down lower rimrun which was nice :wink:

Over to Exterminator, :P AWSOME !!!!! :lol: if you didn't mind some thin spots, and rocks sticking through, but no serious ice, a little at the flatout at the top, and on the fronts of the snowmaking wales, but a lot of real snow, soft pow bumps, and many a nice turn :P Way Back had good cover, except for a few stupid waterbars, and Lower Elbow had and the top of Cruiser had tons of snow on them.

One Run down Extermiator wasn't enough, had to take 4 laps because it was skiing so damn nicely.
:P

Up to the top for a last run, FIS again, via the Skiers Right Entrance......

Nice Day, Good Snow, Decent Cover, Lots and Lots of Fun :lol:

FIS and Extermiator make everything well worth it :lol:

Snowmaking, All of Strait Shot needs more snow, the "Times Square" area arround the base of Northridge is practically bare as are Mainstream, and the bottom of Cruiser.

I think T2B for the weekend will happen, as long as it is cold at night.....

They need to get at least Upper Jester open at South, and possibly groom up Organgrinder......

Then agin, we could use a nice dump ASAP!!!!!! :twisted:

freeheel_skier
12-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the report. Man, you're chalking up the days early. Once work slows down (next week) skiing is all I hope to be doing. 8)

random_ski_guy
12-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Mike, Are you planning to keep this up all winter? :o Its fine by me, just curious.

Mike_451
12-11-2006, 09:49 PM
Tomrow is my last day for a while :( House goes on seasonal rental, back to the flatlands :x

freeheel_skier
12-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Tomrow is my last day for a while :( House goes on seasonal rental, back to the flatlands :x

Sorry to hear that. Will you be able to get any more days in the rest of the season....if not the bush, maybe somewhere else? Remember, any day on snow is a good day, and when there is no snow.....improvise......

---I rely on my fat tire bike to make me happy :)

Mike_451
12-11-2006, 11:59 PM
Might make it up sometime in Febuary, I will ski in the spring though...... Rental goes from december 15 to sometime in mid march...... I do have a feeder hill I ski at in PA, Whitetail if anybody cares, decent vertical (900'), and even though all the snow is fake, they actualy have plenty in a climate that doesn't even get particularly cold! They also have a decent bump run :) I am moving to vermont next summer anyway......