PDA

View Full Version : Plan for ME top to bottom

ahm
12-10-2006, 04:28 AM
Win et al., is there a projected date for going top to bottom at ME. With a fixed grip quad to the summit, lift cycle times are considerbly slow, making getting much skiing in at ME tough. Does the area expect to be top to bottom and have Northridge up this week, or will that slip to the weekend. Also, was having a double black open a marketting ploy vs top to bottom. I would think having over 2500 vertical open at both sides might be more appealing to skiers than having approximately 600 vert of FIS open. Hope to see it all top to bottom by the weekend. Also, could the area please provide the current snowmaking plan for the coming week. It would be interesting to see. Also specifics about build depths on trails to receive snowmaking in the comming week. On occassion, I have discussed snowmaking with you and have always been told we blew x, y, z. By showing your skiers a snowmaking plan, that is detailed, much like the production schedule at any manufacturing facility in the world (all manufacturing facilities have weekly production plans) we could see what you are forecasting and then see how you go about delivering it. Obviously, weather has an impact, but the plan should be in place with weather related contingencies. Here's to hoping you can keep us all aware of the "plan" for the coming week.

win
12-10-2006, 05:01 PM
Our plan is to get top to bottom by the weekend. Today's forecast doesn't look great for a lot of snowmaking low down early in the week. We had a productive night last night on Cruiser and parts of Straight shot are filling in. We need more now on the lower part of Cruiser, the area affectionately called "Times Square" (in between Slide Brook and Northridge) and the upper parts of Straight Shot. The temperatures the past few days and nights were right for staying up top and getting FIS and Exterminator covered. The quality of what we have down is good, so we do not want to risk lessienng the quality by making in marginal conditions. We assess each day at 1pm and adjust plans accordingly. Tonight at LP we are focusing on Upper and hopefully Middle Jester, but are not going to add depth to existing open trails as we are a bit concerned about the temperatures and the quality of what we can make. Next week if we have the temperatures, we will be focusing on the Gate House pod and Easy Rider as these are the most utilized trails over the Christmas Holidays. At ME we will want to get North Star and Which Way open so that they are beginner and intermediate runs to the bottom. We will also work on the two beginner areas at LP as soon as the temperatures allow us there.