PDA

View Full Version : time to dance!

tymoguls
12-09-2006, 06:23 PM
I just came home from a great day on ME. First day of the season for me and son #1. Slept in, made out way to the mountain, got our passes, and put in three good runs.

However, I just checked in on the weather for the coming week and am not pleased :(. Wednesday is showing a high of 43, with a 50% chance of, gasp, rain showers :x.

It's time to start a vigorous skimrv snow dance! Shake, shake, shake. Shimmy shimmy koko bop :P.

noski
12-09-2006, 06:26 PM
Eep, Op, Ork, Ah-ah.....(name that tune)

noski
12-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Shimmy shimmy koko bop :P.

In my head I always here "Gimme gimme cocoa pops." Don't worry about me, really, I am fine.

Plowboy
12-09-2006, 07:48 PM

:?: Can the hay burner quartet do that one? :lol:

Yes, we did our snow dance today :o .

Lostone
12-09-2006, 08:13 PM

The syllables sound right, but I'm thinking of

Ooo eee, ooo ah ah ting tang

Of course, I know of the "Kiss this guy" website. :lol:

tymoguls
12-09-2006, 09:13 PM
OK. I'm showing my age ... check it out at http://www.littleanthonyandtheimperials.com/songs/shimmyshimmy.ra. This is a true classic.

noski
12-10-2006, 07:17 AM

Nope that's a different song.... think 1960's cartoon.... The next line is "Eep Op Ork, Ah-Ah...and that means I love you" (we are all showing our age now!)

ski_resort_observer
12-10-2006, 11:11 AM
FWIW...we here in NE are not the only ones who need some of the "white gold" from the skies. Talked to a friend from Jackson Hole and they are having problems as well. What little snowmaking they have is being used to give skiers a way to the bottom. They need at least 48" to get much of their legendary terrain, like the Hobacks, open and the forecast doesn't look good, so far. They are getting worried, no snow and no tram.

The Sierra and Tahoe resorts are in the worse shape, Colorado which got that big dump 3 weeks ago have not see much snow since. Utah is doing okay and the PNW is doing the best as far as snowfall.

Big Sky, 25" of coverage, 9% open, Vail, 19", A Basin, 27", 30%, Mammoth, 8", 9% open, Park City, 20", 50%

We need a collective national snow dance

We might be having the worst start of the ski season, ever. The positive thing is it can only get better!

BTW..if your thinking about jumping into your private jet and flying across the pond...think again. The World Cup races in France were juct cancelled due to lack of snow.

freeheel_skier
12-10-2006, 03:45 PM
FWIW...we here in NE are not the only ones who need some of the "white gold" from the skies. Talked to a friend from Jackson Hole and they are having problems as well. What little snowmaking they have is being used to give skiers a way to the bottom. They need at least 48" to get much of their legendary terrain, like the Hobacks, open and the forecast doesn't look good, so far. They are getting worried, no snow and no tram.

The Sierra and Tahoe resorts are in the worse shape, Colorado which got that big dump 3 weeks ago have not see much snow since. Utah is doing okay and the PNW is doing the best as far as snowfall.

Big Sky, 25" of coverage, 9% open, Vail, 19", A Basin, 27", 30%, Mammoth, 8", 9% open, Park City, 20", 50%

We need a collective national snow dance

We might be having the worst start of the ski season, ever. The positive thing is it can only get better!

BTW..if your thinking about jumping into your private jet and flying across the pond...think again. The World Cup races in France were juct cancelled due to lack of snow.

YIKES

atkinson
12-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Sorry to be the eternal optimist, but check out this weather forecast, http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=05673. Scroll down to the extended forecast. Looks like that chance of rain is chance of snow or rain for us. Nowhere near 50 degrees either. We shall see.

BTW noski, that song is from the Jetson's, America favorite future family.

John

tymoguls
12-10-2006, 08:48 PM
The dance seems to be working :D ! A John so astutely observed, the forecast is now mixed rain/snow with a high of 38. Check out http://www.wtv-zone.com/MagicMan/Tunes-Midi/SlipSlidgAway.mid. It's not exactly dance music, but it does sum up what I hope to be doing next weekend.

WWF-VT
12-11-2006, 09:25 AM

Nope that's a different song.... think 1960's cartoon.... The next line is "Eep Op Ork, Ah-Ah...and that means I love you" (we are all showing our age now!)

From an episode of The Jetsons

noski
12-12-2006, 09:14 AM
Yes, of course- the Jetson's! Elroy actually wrote the song by accident and Judy's dreamy special friend __________ sang it with his band.

WWF-VT
12-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Yes, of course- the Jetson's! Elroy actually wrote the song by accident and Judy's dreamy special friend __________ sang it with his band.

Jet Screamer !

noski
12-12-2006, 09:24 AM

Jet Screamer !

:D

freeheel_skier
12-12-2006, 10:04 AM

Jet Screamer !

Wow! Now if you would just ask some simpson's trivia I might be able to answer something!

noski
12-12-2006, 10:15 AM

Jet Screamer !

Wow! Now if you would just ask some simpson's trivia I might be able to answer something! WWF, I am at a disadvantage since everyone now knows I am nuts (and John right behind me....)- you at least can protect yourself behind your screen name! Thanks for playing- how about some rice-a-roni for a parting gift...