PDA

View Full Version : Update for Saturday

win
12-08-2006, 03:12 PM
As you know, tomorrow is opening day for Lincoln Peak. While we will still have odds and ends to touch up over the next week, our new Gate House lodge is ready to go. (some may work all night). The new Adventure Shop was filled with inventory today and will be openin the am, and you may need some hand warmers tomorrow morning. The Castle Rock Pub will be open for coffee and muffins in the morning, sandwiches at lunch and the tap will be flowing après ski. They did a great job getting it ready for tomorrow. Upstairs our new servery is ready to go and they are actually cooking today. Sebastian recommends the Green Mountain - roast beef with wood roasted peppers, horseradish, cream cheese and lettuce on peasant bread. 8 ounce burgers, pizza, salads, soups and more with be ready. All in all we will have about 70% of our ultimate menu for opening day.

It is going to be cold in the am and we will be skiing on 12 trails at both Lincoln Peak and Mount Ellen. It will be top to bottom at LP but skiing and riding for advanced intermediate and experts only. Organgrinder should ski nicely, but it will not be groomed tomorrow, so that it can be skied in and set up. Downspout to Gondolier and Lower Jester will be the easier way down. While we had a couple of inches of fresh snow and maybe a couple more tonight, the wind has blown hard so it isn’t possible to open additional trails tomorrow.

At Mount Ellen, we will have groomed Rim Run A & B, Elbow, Panorama, and Looking Good, and they should be sweet in the AM. We are blowing all night on Exterminator and will try to open it tomorrow or Sunday at the latest, but it will not be groomed. We did not have the temperatures or the natural snow to get top to bottom so we will be down loading on the GMX this weekend with projected top to bottom next weekend.

It will be cold in the am but warming up and the winds will not be as strong so it should be a good weekend of skiing and riding.

See you somewhere on the Mountain tomorrow.

random_ski_guy
12-08-2006, 03:43 PM
Look at that Lostone, I'm going to owe you that drink and burger after all! :shock:

As long as you take a picture of your meal tomorrow (and pictures of the lodge and buildings too), I'll send ya a check. Just PM me with the contact info.

Unless you want to wait for me to come up in person, which will won't be for a while yet.

Lostone
12-08-2006, 04:05 PM
RSG, no... I don't want your money! I want you to come up and buy me the meal! :lol:

OK.... And maybe ski a little too. :wink:

Too bad you can't be there tomorrow... Cause I'm hungry! :lol:

Win, Great job at getting the team to get things ready on schedule. Quite the ambitious project!

For those that can't be here, I am planning on wandering around the lodge tomorrow with my camera, to do a quick photo tour, but it really is one of those "you really have to be here" kinda things. :wink:

freeheel_skier
12-08-2006, 04:27 PM
Thanks for all the updated info. The food @ Gatehouse sounds like it is going to be good!

HowieT2
12-08-2006, 04:37 PM
the Green Mountain - roast beef with wood roasted peppers, horseradish, cream cheese and lettuce on peasant bread

Sans the cream cheese isn't that the Vermonster at the Warren store? My favorite BTW

Tin Woodsman
12-08-2006, 05:58 PM
the Green Mountain - roast beef with wood roasted peppers, horseradish, cream cheese and lettuce on peasant bread

Sans the cream cheese isn't that the Vermonster at the Warren store? My favorite BTW

Win probably knows someone there. :wink:

HowieT2
12-08-2006, 07:31 PM
Yeah someone who makes a mean sandwich. :lol:

Abe Froman
12-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Yeah someone who makes a mean sandwich. :lol:

Probably because he is the boss too!

boze
12-09-2006, 02:27 AM
EOM

/you know who