PDA

View Full Version : Sugarbush Wednesday

Mike_451
12-06-2006, 04:58 PM
12/6/06
Powder/PackedPowder/Manmade Packed Powder/Hardpack/ICE/ Mostly Packed Powder......

Overall, 6.5 out of ten today, fun skiing, not real crowds, decent condition, spots of sweet snow!

From the top, RimRun was nice, Bumpy though, the flat out was icy, with snowmaking whales, not bad though, no need to turn down there anyway :lol: Lower Rim Run to Looking Good, was pretty powdery, but there were water bars sticking through, and large snowmaking whales, a bit of a challenge to ski really fast, but fun :P Looking good was intersting, good cover, except for 1 or 2 water bars, really nice snow, but there were huge snowmaking wales, bumps, etc... Agian challenging to rip, but nice and technical. Lower Spread Eagle, to the bottom of Lower Rimrun, was some nice icy corduroy for all you speed demons out there :twisted:

I think half of elbow was open through the day, but the course was taking up alot of the trail, and after the ice yesterday I decided to stick to Looking Good, At the end of the day, all the racers went home, and the gates were taken down, elbow was still fast as hell, a little rough, but easy as heck compared to a day of looking good, Took my last 2 out of 7 runs down it, was going for 8, but I was coming down spead eagle, saw the patrolers out doing their final sweep, and saw the chair had stoped, so I blasted down that so I dindn't have to walk as far to the GMX....

All the guns at the base, and strait shot were off, hopefully they will be able to bring them online again soon. They were blasting on FIS, nice progress, Panorama, 2 guns at the very top, and a few on uper rim run, and they were blasting their way down the rest of lower rim run. There were still guns running on the traverse over to Cruiser, and Lower Elbow.

When I left, they had allready brought 1 cat up, and I saw a second heading up as well, I guess they are planing to do some grooming overnight, hopefully they will spread out those wales , and lay down some cord on Elbow, and Uper Rim Run.

It looks like Looking good is at least going to get cat packed, and smoothed out, weather or not they till things up I don't know.

For tomorow, + Panarama, and Mabey Lower Rim Run, it was looking prety decent today. For Friday, Lower Elbow, to Way Back is plausible.

Saturday, well if it ends up T2B, it probably will have to be later in the day, mabey T2B Sunday.

FIS is starting to look decent, needs at least another foot coming down from the skiers left enterance, looks like it needs a minimum of another 24 hours of snowmaking, I think it will be sometime Saturday, Sunday at the latest.

The base at the botom of strait shot is allright, skiable definatly, but I think they will probably blast it some more before opening it. Running the towers some more, a couple of the tripods, and the PoleCat would take care of that, The rest of strait shot needs at least 24 hours. The sooner they can start fireing up the towers on cruiser the beter, as that trail is fairly wide, and will need some time, anyway Things are looking good up top, (no pun intended) and are definatly going to be sweet tomorow.

BushMogulMaster
12-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Thanks for the report. I went out as well, and would probably say most of the same things. I really enjoyed it.

It looks like Looking good is at least going to get cat packed, and smoothed out, weather or not they till things up I don't know.

I'll be pretty upset if they till it. Even it out... yes. Cat track it... yes. Don't till it. I'm in the mood for some bumps, and if they till it it will take quite a bit longer to devop decent bumps. What ever happened to the powder bars and powder makers from the past? Pack the snow, improve the surface, but don't till it. Power tilling causes issues often because it heats up the snow as it tills, sometimes leaving a hard, frozen surface. It also doesn't do well at all with light powder, especially light deep powder.

What happened to these?

http://www.chssnowmakers.com/Used%20E4.jpg

*edited to fix my stupid typos and grammatical issues :roll:

freeheel_skier
12-06-2006, 10:24 PM
[quote="Mike_451"][b]
12/6/06
Powder/PackedPowder/Manmade Packed Powder/Hardpack/ICE/ Mostly Packed Powder.....[b]

Didn't get out today. :shock: Sounds like you expierenced a little of everything.... :?

Mike_451
12-06-2006, 11:07 PM
Yeah, absolutely......

Bumps, Cord, Hardpack, Ice, Real Packed Powder, Fake Packed Powder, Real Powder (not deep), Fake Powder, You Name It......

freeheel_skier
12-07-2006, 07:43 AM
That is New England skiing :D Can get that kind of expierence out West!