PDA

View Full Version : Glen Ellen Tuesday

Mike_451
12-05-2006, 06:46 PM
Sugarbush Tuesday M/E
Manmade Packed Powder, Packed Powder, Some Powder, Ice, Hardpack

Upper Rim Run was sweet, nice bumps, sketchy visibility though, Elbow had alot of hardpack, and was skiing as fast as hell, The botom of Lower Rimrun, was nice packed pow, really crunchy underfoot, but was a bit slow.

Overall 5/10, Was fun for the most part, but the conditions were a bit sketchy, Elbow was sking allright, but was mostly hardpack, and was probably made that way for the racers, because they love to play in ice.

Conditions could have been better with the circumstances, but they were allright, it was a bit crowded up there, but ok. The nice part was that it is winter agian, and that there is lots of snow up their, and I think things will have improved tomorow.

Not bad, afterall it is skiing, but they could have made a much beter surface on Elbow, I think they purposely made it icy. They could have at least groomed it this morning...... But enoguh said, things are sure as heck beter than Last Tuesday
:lol:

Another Plus, they finaly got ICE in the soda fountain at the Glen House 8)

I think my report for tomorow will be a bit better, and today I was glad it was winter again.

ski_resort_observer
12-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Thanks for your TR..didn't want you to feel it wasn't appreciated. Keep them coming

Lostone
12-05-2006, 09:58 PM
it was a bit crowded up there, but ok.

I'm afraid you're in for a surprise when people start skiing. :shock:

There was nobody there! 8)

I think my most crowded run was coming down Elbow. There were some patrollers practicing taking someone out of the woods. There were likely 5 or 6 of them. They were in a bunch on the right.

There was one snowboarder who passed me, one woman on the left side of the trail and one guy skiing behind me.

If you find yourself in a crowd, midweek, you are likely ina bad traffic pattern. Stop. Just stand still for a few minutes. Let them get to the lift, and you will be unlikely to see them again for a few runs. 8)

freeheel_skier
12-05-2006, 10:03 PM
it was a bit crowded up there, but ok.

I'm afraid you're in for a surprise when people start skiing. :shock:

There was nobody there! 8)

I think my most crowded run was coming down Elbow. There were some patrollers practicing taking someone out of the woods. There were likely 5 or 6 of them. They were in a bunch on the right.

There was one snowboarder who passed me, one woman on the left side of the trail and one guy skiing behind me.

If you find yourself in a crowd, midweek, you are likely ina bad traffic pattern. Stop. Just stand still for a few minutes. Let them get to the lift, and you will be unlikely to see them again for a few runs. 8)

I thought that if I was in a crowd midweek I was in a bad dream @ K! :P Oops!

Mike_451
12-05-2006, 11:29 PM
For the reccord I did say a bit crowded....... Elbow wasn't bad, yeah the patrollers were training, heh I thought they were actualy pulling someone out of the woods :oops: and with the gates at the top, things were a bit narow, but if you had your timing right it was ok. The real thing was up at the top, alot of boarders out of their Highbacks skating over the hill, and gaping their way through the bumps after the flatout on upper rimrun, With the poor visibility this made things a bit harry.

There was really sweet snow in spots on upper rimrun, If you stayed out of the dirrect plume of the guns you could see, but if you were in the plume, well bump skiing by instinct :P Except for a patch or two of boilerplate from one errant gun, on the flatout, and a few rocks sticking through at the top (as usual) Cover was Allright.

Not to bad, afterall compared to skiing FIS or something in lousy visibility, something I always swear to myself I will never do, but endup doing anyway :twisted: the little feed bag sized bumps aint much......

Lower rumrun had a few quricky spots, (I just realized a new parody of Rimrun by a Typo) How about renaming Lower Rim Run to RumRunner or something, anyway back on topic, there were a few quirky spots but as long as you didn't carry to much speed from Elbow you would be fine, a little bit to early to expect perfect groonmers.

Forgetting the powder, I hope they do a bit of grooming tonight, till the new stuff into the fake stuff, and flaten it out nicely, and I am sure that Looking Good will bump up nicely, for sweet under the chairlift skiing. 8)

Kind of tough that the conditions are a bit sketchy, even for this time in december, but hey, we are skiing, on snow, and they are actualy adding terrain, so all this will be long forgoten in a mater of hours.

BushMogulMaster
12-06-2006, 08:04 AM
Forgetting the powder, I hope they do a bit of grooming tonight, till the new stuff into the fake stuff, and flaten it out nicely, and I am sure that Looking Good will bump up nicely, for sweet under the chairlift skiing. 8)

My thoughts exactly. At least groom elbow... it was pretty hard under the couple inches of fresh snow. But don't touch Lookin Good. I'm in the mood to "look good" on some nice fresh bumps this afternoon. You know, real winter snow bumps. I love corn bumps too, but I'm a little tired of them. The early season bumps on elbow this year were like the April bumps last year. I need some REAL winter bumps!