PDA

View Full Version : So Who is skiing Sunday?

Mike_451
11-30-2006, 04:01 PM
Proivided a sunday opening, I am guessing at least some of us will be out there, anybody planning to rip up the slopes(correction-the slope) at Glen Ellen on Sunday? 8)

I know I will be there.

ski_resort_observer
11-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Proivided a sunday opening, I am guessing at least some of us will be out there, anybody planning to rip up the slopes(correction-the slope) at Glen Ellen on Sunday? 8)

I know I will be there.

Glen Ellen!..you must as old as I am :lol:

Mike_451
11-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Sugarbush bought it just before I was born, but I just think the name makes more sense than North, and has a nice ring to it.

Afterall Glen Ellen is the place to be :wink:

Lets just pray that MRG doesn't become Sugarbush West :twisted:

ski_resort_observer
11-30-2006, 04:19 PM
Actually calling it North is passe' as well, officially Mt Ellen but between you and me I still call it North too. The owner at the time, Roy Cohen had major shortcomings but buying Glen Ellen was perhaps his biggest success.

Mike_451
11-30-2006, 04:23 PM
North is nice and short, easy to say when your face is frozen :lol:

Now that they are back to Sugargbush, and Mt Ellen, it is less confusing for weekenders etc..., Calling it Mt Ellen is a good comprimise.

The first brochure announcing the purchase is kind of funny, as all of a sudden Sugarbush is acknowledging the fact that Glen Ellen even existed, and that all of a sudden Sugarbush Valley had all this new terrain that was allwayse there......

Strat
11-30-2006, 04:30 PM
I've always known them as South and North, but I'm 16 so who knows...

Ah, the fantasies of one big hill... we had a topic on it not that long ago... I for one want to develop the Mt. Abe Basin, Slide Brook and Big Basin... it would be The Vail of the East... even K-mart couldn't beat that...

mikec13
11-30-2006, 04:38 PM
I hope to get at least a few runs in!!!!

ski_resort_observer
11-30-2006, 04:41 PM
North is nice and short, easy to say when your face is frozen :lol:

Now that they are back to Sugargbush, and Mt Ellen, it is less confusing for weekenders etc..., Calling it Mt Ellen is a good comprimise.

The first brochure announcing the purchase is kind of funny, as all of a sudden Sugarbush is acknowledging the fact that Glen Ellen even existed, and that all of a sudden Sugarbush Valley had all this new terrain that was allwayse there......

Ahhhh.....Sugarbush Valley, Sugarbush Chamber of Commerce, now your talking about a major can of worms originating from back then. Hard to believe but they finally took off the Sugarbush Valley sign on the highway signs just a couple of years ago. Apparently VDOT moves alittle slowly :lol:

noski..was it two years ago you were last working for the Sugarbush Chamber of Commerce. Amazing what $50,000 will buy you back then in the Roy Cohen days?

:oops: sorry for the hijack

notorious
11-30-2006, 05:34 PM
Ah, the fantasies of one big hill... we had a topic on it not that long ago... I for one want to develop the Mt. Abe Basin, Slide Brook and Big Basin... it would be The Vail of the East... even K-mart couldn't beat that...

I'm looking for one pass for the entire Lincoln Gap to App Gap terrain (ala Alta/Snowbird), but develop it? No way, Jose.

ski_resort_observer
11-30-2006, 05:45 PM
We actually have that...sort of.. if your willing to do a ski and stay package. If there are 2,4,6,8 people in your group it's actually a very sweet deal. Check www.madrivervalley.com click on the "ski the valley" banner.

now back to "who's skiing on Sunday"?