PDA

View Full Version : Yes, folks those are .....

ski_resort_observer
11-28-2006, 11:28 PM
snowflakes in the forecast. This is the forcast at the Bush at around 3000 ft a couple of days and winter will be back, hopefully for good!
http://www.erh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick.php?site=BTV&llon=-73.047083&rlon=-72.119583&tlat=44.717917&blat=43.792917&smap=1&mp=1&map.x=38&map.y=155

Mike_451
11-28-2006, 11:33 PM
8)

win
11-29-2006, 09:16 AM
Our own forecast this morning shows the change over sometime Friday. We will probably see some thunder and lightning as the cold front comes in and we will likely see 50mph plus winds at the summits. Then we will see teen temperatures up top, likely some snow and good snow making temperatures lower as well. The real question for Saturday is whether we will have enough time or enough natural snow to get open and what the winds might do. If I were a betting man, I'd bet on Sunday and hope for Saturday. There is going to be a lot of snow loss in the next couple of days. It does look like this colder front may last for a while!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lostone
11-29-2006, 09:28 AM
I think tht sounds like the plan... Get ready for a boring Saturday, but have the boots by the door, just in case. If it is not until Sunday or Monday... You'll (I'll) know where the boots are. :wink:

Let's hope the cold front turns out to be... winter. 8)

Treeskier
11-29-2006, 09:38 AM
Win,

If the wind scours the summit but we get (how many inches will we need?) will you open North Ridge? Is it ready? History says in the past after a storm like this wind often keeps the summit closed.

Doing my snow dance!!!!!!!!!!!!

ski_resort_observer
11-29-2006, 10:19 AM
wow, amazing how much the forcast can change in 12 hours......most of the snow is gone but the winter temps are still looking good.

BushMogulMaster
11-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Treeskier -- from what I saw yesterday, I don't think North Ridge is ready. There were several grips lying beside the terminal, and probably 20% of the chairs were off the rope in their little "bay." Perhaps Win could shed some more light, but I don't think it's quite ready yet. Of course, there are still a couple of days between now and Saturday, so one just never knows!

SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!
. . . .
. . .
. . . .
. . . . . .
. . . .
. . . . .
. . . . .

win
11-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Not sure, yet. We had to rebuild the top motor this summer, and we still need the lift inspected. The crew is working, but I do not have a firm date today. Close! Even if it is ready, I doubt if the cover will allow us to get down to it. We are going to have to go back to Rim Run and Elbow first and also need to get another trail open - probably Looking Good - as ASRA is training here next week and Elbow is the right trail for them to set up gates. We would probably need at least a foot of natural snow to get down Cruiser to North Ridge by Saturday or Sunday. Probably the weekend of 12/9 we'll be set to go top to bottom based on what I see now.

If the winds come in as forecasted nothing will run, so let's hope the gurus are wrong.

ahm
11-30-2006, 06:41 AM
When is ASRA planning on training at SB. What is the plan for timing ? All day on Elbow, if it is good to go, or just part of the day. Wondering on the mid week potential of next week. Starting to sound like maybe looking good and rimy for non ASRA skiers. Am I correct?