PDA

View Full Version : Sugarbush Thursday

Mike_451
11-24-2006, 11:21 PM
11/23:

Variable Manmade:

Sugarbush M/E:

The day after opening.........

Having skied opening day things had for sure improved overnight. There was a bit more snow on elbow, and while upper rimrun had been scraped up in a few spots things were more consistent, especially off to the sides, where there were huge piles of snow pitching off into the trees. They also managed to flatten out lower rim run allowing for high speed runs back to the glen house or GMX without the prospect of manditory air 8)

Upper rim run was to put it this way unusually bumpy :P and rather technical and while scraped bare on the fist pich arround a few rocks overall had great cover. Comming down arround the flat out arround the top of the north ridge chair to the first pitch of elbow was smooth crusing with good snow, and they also added 2 additional rails for a total of three to the mini park 8)

Elbow was bumpy in patches starting off in the day and more so in the afternoon, skiers left there were some large patches of ice mid way down, but with decent snow on averege and some realitivly nice pow off to the right if you didn't mind a few rocks here and there :D

Comming down spread eagle was nice and bumpy as it should be with that pitch, and then asside from a few bumps on the the final pitch of lower rimrun the botom runout was smooth enough for high speeds, a nice improvement over wednesdays sort of manditory air.....

As far as crowds, things were decent in the morning, with no real lift lines, and things were moving well, except from some apperent mech troubule with the Summit chair that had it stoping every now and then. In the afternoon (best runs of the day, almost epic) the crowds were gone, the bumps had sofened up and grown, and the skiing at that point was great!!!!!!

Overall, assuming the weather conditions 10/10 possible, now where near as epic as this time last season, but I will take it, and despite not beeing the largest vert open in the state, it was well worth it, as the snow conditions even though they were fake didn't dissapoint.

And as usaual the view at the top of ME was epic, looking down at low level clowds over Lake Champlain 4000 feet below!

Anyway thurdsay was a fun day, and having took friday off, I am interested to see how things are Saturday, I will have a report for that tomorow.

Lostone
11-26-2006, 09:45 PM
Interested to hear how Saturday compared.

Word I got was it was quite good. 8)

Mike_451
11-26-2006, 10:45 PM
Saturday was pretty good, things got a bit choppy at the top but the bumps on Elbow got even sweeter! Today was good except for the very top, and a few spots on elbow, I think things will hold out throughout the week, untill things get cold again, but the first pitch of Rimrun was getting pretty sketchy.