PDA

View Full Version : The Skinny

win
11-21-2006, 06:47 PM
OK! Here is the skinny as of 6:30pm on Tuesday. We made a lot of progress with snowmaking these past few days. We don't have great depth yet, but we good quality snow from the top of Summit down to the Glen House. Tonight's temperature are OK but not great as there is not suppposed to be much difference from the base to the summit. We will definitely open Thanksgiving day. It will be limited to Rim Run to Elbow to Spread Eagle to lower Rim Run, but at least that will give us a chance to kick off the season.
As I said the depth is Ok but not great so we may not do a lot of grooming as the temps are forecast to rise tomorrow through Saturday. We are also limiting employee skiing and riding and comp passes from Thursday through Sunday, so that season passholders and paying guests can have the best experience.

We will access everything at 5am tomorrow morning. We might have a fun surprise so tune into 583-snow or check out the website by 6am! I think I might be around the base at 9am in the morning if any of you are around.

Understand that Killington is opening on Thursday and Stowe is shooting for Friday.

Treeskier
11-21-2006, 09:52 PM
May we be the first in VT.

Did everything in my power to share the moment but alas I can not. Suspect it will be the best sunny day of the next few. Hats off to the crew if you pull it off. It should be a splendid day. Lots of sun. :)

Take losts of pictures.

Will be up Sunday & Monday...in law comitments in between.

Let is snow hard in December and just stay cold...no freeze thaws.

Plowboy
11-21-2006, 09:58 PM
May we be the first in VT. Let is snow hard in December and just stay cold...no freeze thaws.

:D :D :D :D :D :D