PDA

View Full Version : NECN

notorious
11-19-2006, 12:01 PM
While we all fidget waiting for snow to arrive, and since there is ample time before Sunday football games, please take a moment to send an email to Waitsfield Cable requesting that NECN (New England Cable Network News) be added to the offerings. It has all-day, non tabloid news coverage at all levels, international, national, regional and local, with the only all New England weather coverage, very snow specific, (and yes Canada does exist, weatherwise on this channel). Great sports. And the only New England produced snow sports regular proramming in existence, Dan Egan's Wild World, currently on a 4:30 pm Saturdays, convenient apres ski, (but no competition for the Detonators, or Hardy.)
BTW, it should come as no surprise that Sugarbush and the valley get more than fair share coverage. The lovely Asia Magiby of the Jay Peak Magribys is back. ( BTW, she has acknowledged that our woods are better than her woods). Skibumology by brother John is not to be missed. He is the ackowledged Zen master of skibumming lore, (as well as being, officially , one of the most influential skiers of our time. (You may address him in that manner when you are in his presence) What other ski program has a divinity explaining the universal mysteries? (example, "Skiing is not a thinking man's sport, and that is why he excels") (Actually, if others want to contribute, I'd love a thread of "Sayings of Chairman John. Word to Live By" Consider my quote as the first entry. It would easily supplant "The Tao of Willy" on the Time bestseller list.)

Please contact Waitsfield Cable so we don't miss our own Snow God on TV. Otherwise we will all have to get satellite, or TiVo ( and I'm too cheap and technically challenged for that).

ski_resort_observer
11-19-2006, 12:48 PM
The Sugarbush RSN channel(12) does a nice job and when the season starts there will be alot more local stuff to enjoy.