PDA

View Full Version : snowmaking pic..yeah baby!

ski_resort_observer
11-02-2006, 03:07 PM
Started snowmaking on what looks like Rim Run and Elbow. Since snowmaking has started it would be great if someone would update the website.

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album14/snomaking06.jpg

win
11-02-2006, 03:12 PM
In the works! It looks like we have a few days of really good snowmaking temps!

random_ski_guy
11-02-2006, 04:11 PM
thats one heck of a photo SRO, where were you....a hot air balloon?

Strat
11-02-2006, 05:03 PM
Man, doesn't even look like they need it up there!

8)

Mike_451
11-03-2006, 02:26 AM
Looks like about 20 or so plumes, Man it is really starting to feel like ski season agian..... Heck Yeah!

smootharc
11-03-2006, 08:35 AM
thats one heck of a photo SRO, where were you....a hot air balloon?

where were you and what kind of lens....those ones you see that are like bazooka's ??

ski_resort_observer
11-03-2006, 09:57 AM
For these forums, so I can post them quickly, I use my cheap little 6.1mp point and shoot digital camera. The image is pretty big so I can crop it down. It does have a high quality Schneider lens. This pic was taken from the Phen Basin Rd which is across the valley from ME.

Lostone
11-03-2006, 10:32 AM
Don't believe him! :twisted:

I know for a fact (which I may or may not have just made up) that he took the pix from the Ski Resort Observer helicopter, which people have seen all over the area. :roll:

:lol:

noski
11-03-2006, 11:59 AM
I know for a fact (which I may or may not have just made up) that he took the pix from the Ski Resort Observer helicopter, which people have seen all over the area. :roll: :lol:

I Believe! I BEE-LEEEEVE!

smootharc
11-03-2006, 12:31 PM
....in shot taken this morning.http://upload4.postimage.org/1558098/images.jpg (http://upload4.postimage.org/1558098/photo_hosting.html)

Lostone
11-03-2006, 01:58 PM
If I had one of them... I'd have soooo many runs in already, this season! :D

Mike_451
11-03-2006, 10:27 PM
Anybody want to find some investors, buy a few hele's, and open MRV Hele Skiing? It could even be viable durring the "official" season by offering rich city folk a way to bypass liftlines on holidays, and if we could get a few crazy dare devil pilots who like high winds, we could offer a way to get to the stashes durring windholds.

All a fantasy, probably a lousy idea, plausible in a perfect world.

Enough of that train of thought for now.

Off to the garage to fire up my compressor, and rig up some kind of crude snowgun.....

Lostone
11-03-2006, 10:48 PM
But... if the lifts were on windhold... would you want to be in a helicopter? :shock: :lol:

Snowman
11-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Suuure coulda used that heli yesterday! :wink:

Tin Woodsman
11-06-2006, 10:15 AM
Word has it that the snowmaking ops are not only on Rim Run>Elbow but also Upper FIS as well. Anyone have the scoop?

castlerock
11-06-2006, 10:35 AM
Word has it that the snowmaking ops are not only on Rim Run>Elbow but also Upper FIS as well. Anyone have the scoop?

Win alluded in an earlier thread http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=414&start=30 that FIS for opening day is on the radar...

Tin Woodsman
11-06-2006, 11:20 AM

Win alluded in an earlier thread http://forums.skimrv.com/viewtopic.php?t=414&start=30 that FIS for opening day is on the radar...

OK - so that confiurms that. Any idea whether they are working lower down the mtn onto Cruiser or not?

win
11-06-2006, 09:33 PM
Temps caused us to come off early today. Upper Rim Rum and Elbow have excellent base. Better than last year at this time. When the temps return later this week our priority is to complete Rim Run and Spread Eagle to get to the Mid Flats at the Glen House. We did turn some guns on FIS because we could stay on longer up top. We could like to get FIS open and then work down Cruiser to be top to bottom by Thanksgiving if the temps allow.

Plowboy
11-07-2006, 01:02 AM
Win, will you blow snow on Lower Rim Run or Looking Good for the run out from FIS. Lower Rim Run gives you a novice trail, but Looking Good is in the shade. Or both :?:

win
11-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Rim Rum all the way first and FIS and then we want to use the capacity to go to the bottom if we have the temps.

Mike_451
11-10-2006, 01:20 AM
There is some sense in waiting on the more expert trails, gives people a chance to warm up a bit before taking on the tougher stuff, as tempting as taking first runs of the season on FIS is.

castlerock
11-10-2006, 07:45 AM
There is some sense in waiting on the more expert trails, gives people a chance to warm up a bit before taking on the tougher stuff, as tempting as taking first runs of the season on FIS is.

I don't know Mike, I've never understood that, one. If FIS is open, I'm taking a hard right

Mike_451
11-11-2006, 01:47 AM

I don't know Mike, I've never understood that, one. If FIS is open, I'm taking a hard right

Yeah, I would probably do the same, and plenty of people go a year or so of skiing and then show up mid season when everything is open. I think they do hold off on some of the harders stuff though, partialy to get the crusing terrain open, and to get things top to bottom, though as they do with the park in terms of progression of features, they could for instance start hammering away at the cliffs, or exterminator as soon as things are top to bottom.