PDA

View Full Version : Ski Photographer in Valley ?

smootharc
10-31-2006, 08:22 AM
Some years ago I got some professional "on piste" shots taken of me at Sunday River....really makes a difference when a pro presses the shutter and not your half drunk college buddy.

But I've always wanted some powder/tree skiing images (digital) along those same lines....professionally done and ready for the cover of Powder.

Are there any pro (or really good amateur) sport/ski photographers in the valley ? I am, of course, thinking of this as a paid gig, and one where there's a bit of timing/logistics to figure out (such as fresh snow). But its a long season, and I'll be in the valley some 35+/- days. Just something I've been thinking about.

Plowboy
10-31-2006, 09:10 AM
Sandy Macys

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i273/MX51/photo24.jpg

Woof Woof

ski_resort_observer
10-31-2006, 09:14 AM
Yup Sandy Macy is a local freelance ski photog who works at the Bush as a patroller in the winter. You can contact him a macyspix@wcvt.com. Another is Dennis Curren at decurran@accessvt.com

smootharc
10-31-2006, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the info.

Now all I need to do is get in touch with my inner Scot Schmidt....

noski
10-31-2006, 09:56 AM
If you visit our site at www.VermontWeddings.com click on photographers. They all have websites and you can see samples of their work. The neat thing about our local photographers, they are all very diverse and can do many types of photography well. So, in many cases, you can get stunning wedding photography and stunning sports/action photography from the same person- maybe even in the same photo session ;)