PDA

View Full Version : So who hiked this weekend....got pictures?

Treeskier
10-22-2006, 05:05 PM
I hear there was hiking to be had. Who went? Got Pix!

atkinson
10-23-2006, 06:19 AM
I went up for a very short hike during lunch at the Patrol Refresher. Sandy got some shots which should be on the Sugarbush site today or tomorrow.

Not bad for October and we have a chance of snow everyday this week! Go check out the weather discussion on the SKIVT-L site for more details.

I'll hopefully have some photos later this week from the top.

Ski season is here!

John

p.s. Saturday was my first day, but Mr. B. already has 7 days in. Mosstober!

ahm
10-25-2006, 01:14 PM
I hiked the whole place on Saturday. Went up Snowball, past the fling, to the LOCKED Allyns lodge. The snow on the way up was not worth it, sure there were a couple sections, but not worth dragging my gear up. Jester had a little more snow and at the summit had some skiable sections. No one was skiing. I started to the summit at noon and spent 5 hours on the hill. There was about 5 - 6 inches in the LT from Summit to Mt Abe. Abe was all ice. After Abe went to CR. CR had some skiable sections; however, at 4:00 pm there was not a track on CR anywhere (I checked every run) and no one was hiking up. I thought about skiing on Sunday in the sections I found, but felt the time was better served working the lines on the backside. This way, I can leave the limited (somewhat of a joke here as SBrook has so many lines) front side from LP that the area uses and have the whole backside to my friends and I. I think I even know a spot I can put a fixed rope, so we have some real adventure starting...........In fact, the lines are coming in so nicely, that I put up a backcountry lodge on Monday and didn't even lock the door. Then on Tuesday, I made key blanks of all the cat keys (Win and Hardy forgot to lock the cats up) so now I can run my own snowcat tours of the "bush after dark". Finally, today I sold the "bush after dark" concept to Magic Hat and the seasonal ale: "Backside" will be starting up in Nov and featured at the New CR pub!