PDA

View Full Version : Timbers/Gatehouse hours

Fourwide
10-06-2006, 07:58 AM
I'm curious about the projected hours of operation of Timbers and Gatehouse. Timbers will be open for lunch? Will Timbers have apres ski--stay open all afternoon (I would guess it would have to close up at some point to prepare for dinner)? Is it anticipated that Timbers will have an active evening/night bar scene (my guess would be "yes", to support Claybrook residents)? When will the Gatehouse bar(s) (is there more than one?) close?

win
10-09-2006, 12:25 PM
We are planning for Timbers to be a three meal a day year around operation. Claybrook owners and overnight guests will have reservation priority for dinner, but Timbers is open to the public for all three meals. The Casterock Pub will be open in the ski season for three meals as well. Coffee, tea, muffins, bagels, juice at the start of the day. It will be a soup and custom sandwhich deli at lunch and will have apres ski drinks and bar food in the afternoon. On Saturdays and Holiday weeks we will have live entertainement starting around 3-4pm and goiing to 7-8pm based on the crowd demand. We are partnering with Nectars in Burlington to book the entertainment. The Gate House cafeteria on the second floor will be open for the ski day as has been the case in the past. Timbers has 130 seats another 25 at the bar and more outside in good weather. Castle Rock pub has 80 inside and more outside in good weather as well as a BBQ area.

The Valley House and its bathrooms will be open but we will only have some vending machines there. The old Mushroom will be available for private events and can be catered.

We are also planning a New Year's Party in The Gate House to welcome in out new facilities and the New Year.

During the non-ski months, we anticipate that the Gate House will be used for weddings, meetings and other special events, and we are also planning to run the Bravo lift on Saturdays and Holidays starting July 4th through early october and to bring back mountain biking and to introduce disc golf on the mountain and perhaps a few other fun activities to compliment our tennis and golf programs. Both Timbers and the Gate House are air conditioned as well for those few hot steamy days we occasionally get these days. We already have a couple of wedding booked and a few meetings.

Hope this is what you needed.

noski
10-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Win- I assumed (incorrectly I am gathering) there would be bar band music until late, but it just dawned on me, with residential units sharing the same footprint as the pub/restaurant, that would not be feasible. Do you forsee any "late night" entertainment, perhaps at the Gatehouse?

Fourwide
10-09-2006, 01:18 PM
Thank you, Win--sounds fantastic! Timbers and CRP both open in the evening (I wasn't counting on CRP) is great news for all us "slopeside" residents.

madskier6
10-09-2006, 03:29 PM
That sounds great, Win. I can't wait to check it all out once ski season starts. I partticularly like the concept of mountain biking and disc golf in the summer although the ski season attributes are what I'm really interested in. Keep up the good work! :D

freeheel_skier
10-09-2006, 08:31 PM
NICE! :D

Treeskier
10-10-2006, 10:17 AM
Great presentation this weekend. The portable PA system was great and hope it is used in the future for Ski School events.

I had made the suggestion that you leave Castlerock pub open late Friday night and offer a discounted family meal....like a $5.00 hamburger/fries. A place where families can get a inexpensive meal at the end of their long drive. They usually stop on the way like in Lebenon NH. You can make your $ on beer. But upon further thought I realized that families my not want to walk up to Castlerock pub after that drive. But this could be a good use of the Grill at the Sugarbush inn. Again only on Friday nights. Offer a few discount family food items. Burger & Fries, Chicken nuggets. Kid friendly. And have a bullitin board of that weekends events so people are now up to date. If you market it right I suspect it will be a fine hit. It should be open till 11:00 for the late arrivals. I even suspect it will become a regular stop for many. (do offer more expensive options also for the adventures group with more $$) If you do it do market and run it all winter so people can get into their rutine