PDA

View Full Version : Waitsfield Ski Swap

madskier6
10-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Does anyone know (especially noski :) ) when the annual Waitsfield ski swap will be held this year? IIRC, it's usually held in early November at the Waitsfield Elementary School. I've searched the Mad River Valley and Sugarbush websites and have not seen any references to it. While I have not attended in previous years, I've heard about the great deals available and would really like to check it out this year. Anyone have any inside info they'd care to share with the board?

noski
10-04-2006, 11:38 AM
I'm sleeping on the job- sorry! November 11 & 12 at Waitsfield School. I was waiting for them to fill out the online event form and they didn't. I went ahead and posted it with what I know and it will load soon.... Thanks for keeping me on the ball.

madskier6
10-04-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm sleeping on the job- sorry! November 11 & 12 at Waitsfield School. I was waiting for them to fill out the online event form and they didn't. I went ahead and posted it with what I know and it will load soon.... Thanks for keeping me on the ball.

No problem. Thanks for the info!

Would anyone like to recall any terrific deals on great gear they snagged at previous years' ski swaps? I'm jonesing for ski season to start plus I love talking about gear so I'm just trying to get a discussion started as a diversion from the 78 degree weather we're having today here in Northern CT/Western Mass.

Lostone
10-04-2006, 12:25 PM
I've never gone to the swap. :cry:

When I lived in Mass, once foliage season was over, I stopped coming up and concentrated on chores around the house, knowing that once ski season started... :oops: nothing got done until spring.

Last year was my first fall living up here, and that weekend is the ambassador training weekend. Last year I had to do both days, as it was my first year. This year, I have to do both days, if I want to be a mountain guide.

I might blow that off, and hit the ski swap. I'm interested in hearing of any good deals, especially on Sunday. Are things sold out first thing Saturday? I've heard they were. :?

As for getting equipment, I know Mountainside is having a big sale, this weekend. My guess is all the places will, but I know about Mountainside's. Might be worth checking out, if you're on the mountain. Nice guys!

Mike_451
12-01-2006, 12:04 AM
I have allwayse bought my stuff new, I buy last years stuff half off, no sense in paying full price for ski equipment.
Something true with any ski town - with a ski town comes a million pairs of used skis........

Bubba
12-01-2006, 08:35 AM
I have allwayse bought my stuff new, I buy last years stuff half off, no sense in paying full price for ski equipment.
Something true with any ski town - with a ski town comes a million pairs of used skis........

I got news for ya Mike;
If it's half off, it ain't last years unless it's a demo. Sorry.

Mike_451
12-01-2006, 10:16 PM
Really? I bought a brand new pair of Last years Volkl Karmas for 50% off, I also got last years Salamon Bindings Half Off I will admit my boots were only 20% off but they were This Years! Ok and my atomics which I bought last year at the end of the season were only about 40% off. But the truth is you can get good deals on great gear, as long as you don't want the latest graphic top sheet, (not that that isn't a bad thing) though buying Used, or Last Years clearance can yeild so much savings, why would anybody pay full price for anything unless absolutly necessary, such as a properly fitting boot.