PDA

View Full Version : Completion Dates

random_ski_guy
09-19-2006, 08:34 AM
So gamblers, what are the odds that the new day lodge and clay brook are open to the public by Christmas day? Clay Brook, from the exterior appears to have better odds than the gate house.

09-19-2006, 08:50 AM
According to Win's latest post on AZ (http://forums.alpinezone.com/9852-sugarbush-stowe-construction-pics-8-31-06-a-2.html#post108950), they're on schedule. Also, realize that Gatehouse is going to be a lot of open space inside the building, unlike Claybrook which is comprised of many condo units.

random_ski_guy
09-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Given where the project's at now, its going to be some push to open the Gate House by Dec 9th. Granted their is much less interior work at the Gate House than Clay Brook (i agree its not even comparable), but opening day at LP is less than 90 days away. And consider 90 days ago it was mid June.

Nevertheless, i'm more than impressed by what's been accomplished to date. :shock: Keep it up! :D

win
09-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Hello Random Ski Guy! Do you want to bet?

(disclosure - be careful, Lostone is rarely wrong)

Lostone
09-19-2006, 11:05 AM
I'm betting on them to be ready for the opening, which is before Christmas. :wink:

I agree time is moving fast, but hey are really cooking, with work continuing 7 days a week.

There might be cleanup of a few thing here or there, but I expect by large, everything will be ready in Gatehouse and Timbers by South's opening, and before that for Claybrook.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. 8)

Edit: And Win snuck his post in there while I was typing. :roll: Not fair! :evil: . :wink:

Tin Woodsman
09-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Hello Random Ski Guy! Do you want to bet?

Win -

I might take this opportunity to point out what happened to the last guy who made that offer:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20060908.IBGAMBLING08/TPStory/Business

But my money is on Win...shhhhh

random_ski_guy
09-19-2006, 11:24 AM
well I'm not going to bet Win since he has strong influence on the pace of the construction. i could just see him authorizing hundreds of thousands in weekend overtime just to prove me, a random poster on the internet, wrong. :evil:

i'm going with the lodge opened by Dec 9th but hot food service not ready until the weekend after xmas and the new castlerock pub opening moments before new years. I'm ready to be proven wrong and please, no one look upon me as a naysayer. I'm just having a little fun.

-cherrio

Lostone
09-19-2006, 12:56 PM
So if I read this right, you are wiling to buy me a drink at the Castlerock Pub any time before Christmas, if it is open, and if not, I'll buy you one in January? :twisted:

Understand, I don't drink beer, so we're talking a mixed drink, but I'm willing to put up the same. 8)

And we could do the same with a hamburger and fries in the Gatehouse lodge? 8)

Don't you try to have fun with us, YOUNG MAN!! :lol:

random_ski_guy
09-19-2006, 01:34 PM
So if I read this right, you are wiling to buy me a drink at the Castlerock Pub any time before Christmas, if it is open, and if not, I'll buy you one in January? :twisted:

Understand, I don't drink beer, so we're talking a mixed drink, but I'm willing to put up the same. 8)

And we could do the same with a hamburger and fries in the Gatehouse lodge? 8)

Don't you try to have fun with us, YOUNG MAN!! :lol:

Okay, you're on. And if i lose, I feel like i've won because that means everything came together in time for the holiday rush.

With that, my personal betting window is closed. Others are encourage to carry on however.

And Lostone, the deal is off if I catch you with a hammer in one hand sporting a tool belt around the site.

ski_resort_observer
09-19-2006, 01:36 PM
D

Lostone..permit me to hijack this thread for one second. Let me get this straight...you don't drink beer but you can pound down the rum and cokes?

Lostone
09-19-2006, 02:25 PM
RSG... You're on! :wink:

SRO... I hate the taste of beer. As for "pound down the rum and cokes", I very seldom have more than 2 drinks. I think I told you, I'm not a good drunk, and everyone else gets to leave me, when I'm drunk. I'm stuck with me.! :cry: :wink:

Actually, I think I'm up to 4 bottles of wine (2 of them shared) for the year, so far. And it is only September! :roll: )

And RSG, you didn't say I couldn't be working with the tool belt... just that you can't catch me! :lol:

My "tools" are my skis... and I'm actually kinda getting anxious to get them out! 8)

ski_resort_observer
09-19-2006, 03:03 PM
I guess when you told me you didn't drink beer I assumed you were a total tea totteler(sp), in other words, a man not to be trusted...:wink:, thanks for the clarification.....my bad.