PDA

View Full Version : What's New in the Valley This Season?

HowieT2
09-18-2006, 02:12 PM
I've split these posts out b/c they are worthy of their own thread. Carry on....

-TW
================================================== =========

Now that you got my juices flowing (it doesn't take much), how about an update on any additions to the valley in terms of restaurants, bars, etc., that we can look forward to.

noski
09-18-2006, 03:58 PM
Probably the most noted items are:
- Sugarbush has partnered with a Burlington Night Club and has booked some hot bands for about every weekend and holiday this winter to play at the new base area. I am tracking down more info about that for you.
- MadBus will continue operating late on Saturday nights along the main routes
-Big Picture Theater (www.bigpicturetheater.info) in Waitsfield has had some noteworthy events on a regular basis. They are playing both first run movies suitable for families as well as films of the independant genre. Nice mix of stuff. They have a nice cafe with wireless internet available for your use.

djspookman
09-19-2006, 07:41 AM
Probably the most noted items are:
- Sugarbush has partnered with a Burlington Night Club and has booked some hot bands for about every weekend and holiday this winter to play at the new base area. I am tracking down more info about that for you.
- MadBus will continue operating late on Saturday nights along the main routes
-Big Picture Theater (www.bigpicturetheater.info) in Waitsfield has had some noteworthy events on a regular basis. They are playing both first run movies suitable for families as well as films of the independant genre. Nice mix of stuff. They have a nice cafe with wireless internet available for your use.

These all sound like some great updates!!!

For those of us who don't live in the Valley anymore, I'm assuming by the address that the Big Picture Theater is the former Eclipse?

dave

noski
09-19-2006, 08:26 AM
Yes, Big Picture Theater is the former Edison Studio>Mad River Flick>Eclipse Theater>Big Picture.

djspookman
09-20-2006, 07:41 AM
Yes, Big Picture Theater is the former Edison Studio>Mad River Flick>Eclipse Theater>Big Picture.

thanks!

dave