PDA

View Full Version : What's New On the Hill?

Tin Woodsman
09-18-2006, 11:29 AM
We all know about the big changes at the Lincoln Peak base area. I thought I'd start a topic devoted to any changes or improvements at SB on the hill. I noticed in today's letter sent from Win that SB has purchased two new groomers for this upcoming season. Will they be located at LP or ME? To what extent does this represent a change in philosophy from last season where SB made a decision to downsize its grooming fleet by one machine? Does this repudiate that decision?

Has SB invested in any more of the new energy-efficient guns that were such a success last season?

Any hints on what the F&B situation will be like this year at Allyn's Lodge?

Any other minor changes that could be of interest to local and flatlander fanatics alike?

noski
09-18-2006, 12:26 PM
If anyone did not get the e-newsletter from Sugarbush and would like it you can email JJ at jtoland@sugarbush.com with your email address and I am sure he will forward you a copy and add your address to the future distribution. It was a very informative mailing.

==============================

Edit: I've split this topic and moved the good MRV general stuff to the MRV forum.

-TW

HowieT2
09-24-2006, 05:39 PM
Will the Waffle Haus be back this year? My 10 year old lived off those things (they are good).

ski_resort_observer
09-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Will the Waffle Haus be back this year? My 10 year old lived off those things (they are good).

Good question!
http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/588/waffle.jpg

Tin Woodsman
09-24-2006, 10:49 PM
Waffle Haus at base to supplement other food options and for a quick snack = awesome.

Waffle Haus as only food option at Allyn's Lodge = not so much.

win
09-26-2006, 03:31 PM
Most likely it will be back but not in Allyn's!

Tin Woodsman
09-26-2006, 09:51 PM

http://images.imagesource.com/preview/wmcomps/IS960-094.jpg

Plowboy
09-26-2006, 10:34 PM

Win, if it is not back you will hear from my 76 year mother and her 10 grandchildren. :shock: :o :? :x :cry: :roll: :idea:

shadyjay
09-27-2006, 08:44 PM
I first experienced the Waffle Haus last season at K-mart (didn't take any breaks when I rode the Bush last year - it was run after run after run) and I must say they were damn good, with chocolate topping and all. Since the Bush is now my home mountain this year, I'll be hitting it up - as long as it returns.

-Jay

Lostone
09-27-2006, 09:50 PM
I think the main problem with Allyn's, was they weren't there!

I've told people that they could get a snack, there, to find them come back and say they were closed.

I think the best seemed to be a combo of them and the sausage guy. He had a booming business. 8)

But finding no food there did make people unhappy. :roll:

HowieT2
09-28-2006, 08:43 AM
Relieved to hear that the Waffle Haus will be back otherwise my son will be on a french fry diet (waffles at least have some protein).

What is the plan for Allyn's? What I would do not to have to go to the bottom for my bowl of chili.

Tin Woodsman
09-28-2006, 09:00 AM
I think the main problem with Allyn's, was they weren't there!

I've told people that they could get a snack, there, to find them come back and say they were closed.

I think the best seemed to be a combo of them and the sausage guy. He had a booming business. 8)

But finding no food there did make people unhappy. :roll:

Ummm, yeahhhh. I'm gonna have to go ahead and, uh, disagree with you there. I thought the F&B set-up at Allyn's was just miserable last year. There was absolutely nothing for sale with a shread of nutritional value. The Waffle Haus people were either rarely there or just overwhelmed by the crush of people looking for warm food in their belly. As for the hot dog guy, I found him to be somewhat surly and was disappointed to learn of his surprise that his drinks and condiments would be frozen when left outside in coolers all night. And his presence didn't really help out with the overcrowding problems experienced in 04-05 b/c if you wanted a drink with your dog/sausuge, you had to get in line with everyone else inside.

Chili would be the bomb. Power and granola bars would be nice. Prepared foods that can be quickly dispened to customers (wraps, sandwiches, salads) would be great. I think Win himself admitted that the set-up last winter at Allyn's was a disappointment in retrospect (game himself a D- as I recall). I'll be interestyed to see the changes and improvements in the F&B realm for both the base area and Allyn's.

boze
10-06-2006, 12:57 AM
With so much going on that's positive, improvements in Allyn's this year would be icing on the cake. Not to mention it would relieve me of the regular rashion of sh** I get from another on this board when he pleads to head in to get his late-AM chili fix. Of course, on powder days he knows he's going solo...

Anyway, some very good ideas presented by others on the board. Having had the pleasure of sharing a few rounds at the Mushroom "round tables" last season, I would guess Win has this on the To Do list. Just where it shakes out this year, and to what extent, is likely more a matter of relative priorities than intent. Still, I suspect it would not take much in the form of added logistics and resources to attain a C or even B- rating. For starters, if it's permitted, sending a few vending machines to the lodge via pick-up or snow cat may provide a quick win...(pun unintended)