PDA

View Full Version : West Hill

Bubba
09-14-2006, 07:52 AM
Anyone know what is happening with West Hill Rd?
Is there a plan in place?
I heard they were trying to get some grant money.
Sure would be nice to have that open for ski season.

smootharc
09-14-2006, 07:58 AM
...mentioned some sort of danger/wash out related to the shoulder of the road in places....probably due to all the water this spring / summer ? I thought that hand made sign said it would be open late August. I guess you're saying it's still not finished. I would think they would want to get that project done ASAP. It's a handy road.

Lostone
09-14-2006, 08:12 AM
The erosion around here has been intense, this year. In many places you can see where water, running along side the road, has created deep cuts in the ground. They'd had problems with one of the areas on the right of West Hill, for years, and it really wasn't much of a shocker when they had to close it.

I had read the same thing about them trying to get some grant money to assist in its repair, but have heard nothing, since.

I agree that it would be good to have it repaired by ski season.

smootharc
09-14-2006, 08:44 AM
I agree that it would be good to have it repaired by ski season.

And amazing to think it wouldn't be !

Tin Woodsman
09-14-2006, 09:13 AM
I would call it's repair prior to ski season critical. It's a real lifesaver in many ways during the more hectic parts of the season.

ski_resort_observer
09-14-2006, 09:20 AM
It's nice that they just opened up the north entrance of Warren Village across the road from the bottom of West Hill Rd.

daevious
10-14-2006, 10:02 AM
West Hill Road is open this morning. Yay!