PDA

View Full Version : Locations for weddings in the valley?

Lostone
09-03-2006, 10:19 AM
I ran into a neighbor at the farmers' market, yesterday who said that her son was looking for a place in the valley for a wedding. She asked me if I knew of any good places. I gave her a few suggestions, most of which They're already looking into.

I suggested putting the question out to those that might know. Instead... I'm asking here. :lol:

If we get anything good, I'll send them the link to this thread.

Anyone have any suggestions? I believe they are looking toward next fall. Anyone have any good ideas or even good places to find information? I would be interested in any personal experiences, or the experiences of friends or relatives. 3

Thanx. 8)

Tin Woodsman
09-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Lots of website info on the topic accessible via a google search. Not sure of their budget, but we looked into the round barn and it was beautiful, but out of our price range. Also, noise ordinances make you have to shut things down around 9PM or so, which wouldn't have worked for us under an circumstances.

Strat
09-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Just offering the obviously obvious link from madrivervalley.com...
http://www.vermontweddings.com/services/service.asp?sid=12&bid=37&tfm_order=ASC

Lostone
09-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Tin, That was one of my first suggestions and the out of price range answer was their immediate response.

Strat, obvious to you, maybe, but I didn't know/remember that link. :wink: Thanx

That'll give them enough to get started. 8)

Now, still looking for any personal experiences/recommendations. :wink:

djspookman
09-03-2006, 01:32 PM
My friend just got married at the Round Barn. It was BEAUTIFUL there! I'm not sure what it cost, but they did their wedding on a Friday at a substantial discount. It was the perfect setting for an outdoor wedding and a great reception hall in the round barn. I'd highly reccomend it!

http://www.innattheroundbarn.com/

dave

castlerock
09-03-2006, 03:19 PM
I think one of the main goals in the design of the Clay brook project was infrastructure to support weddings and events of that ilk.

ski_resort_observer
09-03-2006, 03:21 PM
I got married at Betsy Pratt's place, Inn at Mad River Barn. It's kinda rustic but the price was very reasonable, Betsy was wonderful to work with and everyone had a great time.

The Sugarbush Inn is a popular wedding location. You can get things set up with the resort so if you have alot of people who need lodging they can simply make a reservation by calling the Bush's toll free number and get a discounted wedding group rate and everyone is staying in the same area.

win
09-04-2006, 08:47 AM
Lincoln Peak Village is also being designed for summer events including weddings. We already have two booked for next year. The new Gate House is air conditioned and the space is very flexible. I think that Timbers is going to be a great venue and the courtyard in between Claybrook and Gate House will be nicely landscaped. The Pitcher Inn can also do weddings up to around 70 people. The Valley is one of the great destination spots for weddings and there are many choices and price ranges. The Chamber weddings page is a very good source of information.

Lostone
09-04-2006, 09:07 AM
I had mentioned that I thought you'd mentioned that the Gatehouse would be available for events, and wasn't sure about Timbers, but figured the best idea was to start a thread and get them enough ideas to play with.

I'm sending an email toward them with a link to this thread. Keep the ideas coming, and I'm sure they'll have a lot to work with. :)

Thanx to all. 8)

Tin Woodsman
09-04-2006, 12:10 PM
Lincoln Peak Village is also being designed for summer events including weddings. We already have two booked for next year. The new Gate House is air conditioned and the space is very flexible. I think that Timbers is going to be a great venue and the courtyard in between Claybrook and Gate House will be nicely landscaped. The Pitcher Inn can also do weddings up to around 70 people. The Valley is one of the great destination spots for weddings and there are many choices and price ranges. The Chamber weddings page is a very good source of information.
Win -

This is an important addition the the Valley's wedding/banquet infrastructure. When my wife and I were looking for places 18 months ago, we found a general lack of options outside of the Round Barn, unless you wanted to go rustic. If appropriately priced, the combination of Timbers, Gate House, and perhaps Clay Brook (?) would really fill what I consider to be a big hole in the offering.

castlerock
09-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Considering that on the Sugarbush web site one of the eight main menu trees is "weddings and meetings", and last year it was prominently mentioned at "community weekend", you can bet that it was in the forefront of the planners minds for the new village...

noski
09-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Nice work Strat- stating the obvious ;) Lostone, have your friend go to www.VermontWeddings.com and order a wedding packet free of charge. It should help them alot. You all did well on this thread without my help. :)