PDA

View Full Version : Community Weekend.......?

castlerock
08-31-2006, 10:45 AM
Well, what is going on? As of yesterday anyway, I couldn't find anything on the Sugarbush web site...

ski_resort_observer
08-31-2006, 12:01 PM
Called the Bush and they advised me that the info has not been put together yet but it will be Columbus weekend. Assume your asking regarding Homeowners weekend which apparently is part of Community weekend.

castlerock
08-31-2006, 12:06 PM
..... Assume your asking regarding Homeowners weekend which apparently is part of Community weekend.....

Sure, I was using the politically correct term "Community"

win
08-31-2006, 12:48 PM
Soon, but I'll fill you in. We will have the normal meeting, BBQ and band Saturday of Columbus weekend. If it is a nice day, we will gather in the interim village and give the group a walking tour of the base area facilities. Bravo will run that day from 12-3pm. If it is bad weather, we will use the SHARC indoor tennis courts for the meeting and BBQ. Some fun kids events are planned that morning as well. Season tickets can be picked up too. Hopefully, it will be a day like two years ago - sunny, warm and peak foliage.

It used to be called homeowners' weekend, but we call it community weekend now so that anyone from the Valley can attend.

ski_resort_observer
08-31-2006, 12:59 PM
I think changing it to "Community Weekend" is a good thing. I always thought calling it Homeowner's Weekend sounded abit exclusive especially since it has evolved beyond just homeowner's events and activities. I have always been a strong proponent of the idea that a ski resort must work hard to become a more community minded/inclusive business. Over the years the Bush has been very involoved in the local community which sometimes goes unnoticed.

castlerock
08-31-2006, 12:59 PM
Win, just my $.02, but Bravo should be free for pass holders

noski
08-31-2006, 01:21 PM
Hopefully, it will be a day like two years ago - sunny, warm and peak foliage.

It used to be called homeowners' weekend, but we call it community weekend now so that anyone from the Valley can attend.

or....did you mean NEAR peak foliage? Remember, the Peak Moment is set for 10/10 at 10:10am...;) I like that it is called Community Weekend. I have started attending the event as well, and even when I think I know what's going on, I still learn something new! This could be a skimrv "outing"!

win
09-01-2006, 07:34 AM
Noski always knows the exact time of peak foliage, but "near" will be great if the sun keeps shining. Current Passholders do ride Bravo free! Remember the early cutoff date is 9/20! A few bucks for a great BBQ, though. We are thinking of a Pig roast with other stuff in case you don't like that.

castlerock
09-01-2006, 09:16 AM
Pigs are good!

Tin Woodsman
09-01-2006, 09:32 AM
Mmmmmmm.....pig.

How much will Bravo cost for non-passholders?

noski
09-01-2006, 12:09 PM
Mmmmmmm.....pig.

hmmm, wonder if i could get George W to come and slice the pig for the event. ;)

Lostone
09-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Am I allowed to say that I wouldn't trust him with a knife? :lol:

Bubba
09-01-2006, 04:26 PM
Would that be a powder pig? :lol:

skiladi
09-16-2006, 08:36 AM
Am I allowed to say that I wouldn't trust him with a knife? :lol:

Sure, just make sure Cheney isn't holding a gun. ; {

Lostone
09-16-2006, 09:07 AM

Geesh! :roll: Ya shoot one guy, and they just don't let you live it down! :roll:

The victim has already apologized for getting in his way. :twisted: :roll:

castlerock
09-16-2006, 10:10 AM

Geesh! :roll: Ya shoot one guy, and they just don't let you live it down! :roll:

The victim has already apologized for getting in his way. :twisted: :roll:

Look it wasn't Cheney's fault, he was drinking and didn't have unobstructed access since he was shooting from a vehicle....(the lazy drunken ass....)