PDA

View Full Version : Family Share House

tholmes
07-25-2006, 01:22 PM
First time poster... long time lurker.

Hi All,

Given the price of gas this season, my wife and I have made the decision to try to make a share house work at SB. In addition to gas, the drive time from Burlington to SB on Sat and Sun was starting to get to us.

We have two small children (4 & 1) and a friendly Britney Spaniel. We are looking for a family friendly share house that would accommodate us.

Before children we ran a sharhouse at Killington for 10 years, so the other alternative (that we see) would be to find a house, then find the other families (and maybe stick a few of my single friends in closets).

Any ideas from the regulars/locals?

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

Tom

Lostone
07-25-2006, 09:40 PM
My main comment would be to let your single friends out of the closets! :shock:

This is a liberal area. They don't have to stay in the closet. :? :lol:

Other than that, I welcome your entering the posting side of the forum and wish you luck with your search.

My guess is the second option might be easier, but others might be trying the same thing, so it is good to ask. 8)

HowieT2
07-27-2006, 04:02 PM
I'm interested. I have 2 kids, 6 and 10. Coming from NY. PM me with some info.

tholmes
07-31-2006, 04:49 PM
We have decide to put together a family friendly share house.

We have no details at this point...

We are looking for a 3-5 bedroom house fairly close to the mountain.

So, PM me if this sounds interesting to you or if you have a 3-5 bedroom seasonal.

Thanks.

PS - We hiked up LP yesterday. Claybrook and Gate House are looking great. I can't wait for my first beer at the new Castlerock Pub!

ski_resort_observer
07-31-2006, 05:28 PM
I would check with some of the longtime realtors in the valley, VARE), Graves(Sugarbush resort), Sugarbush, Millbrook:

www.mbre.com(Millbrook)
www.sugarbushcondosales.com(Sugarbush)
www.varerealestate.com (VARE)
www.gravesrealty.net

They all have an inventory of private homes availab;e for both short-term or seasonal renting.

You can email them but I think calling them would be better. Good luck!

tholmes
08-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the leads! I've already contacted Graves and will do so with the others.

Treeskier
08-01-2006, 08:19 PM
We at Club Xtaski have a room 4 beds availible. We like kids. Last year it was $1200.00 PP plus a $200.00 fuel escrow (have not figured out this years rate) Nov. 1-May 1st or the end of sking (Sugarbush did close on May 26th a while back). Kids under 10 are less. www.ClubXtaski.com Just a thought. Good fun group.

tholmes
08-02-2006, 09:37 AM
Looks like a fun and well organized house. Thank you for the offer!

I think we have the interest of enough families at this point that we need to go through with creating our own.

What's up with the link to Extreme Carving? Is there a carver in the house? There aren't too many of us at SB.

Tom

tholmes
09-25-2006, 08:29 AM
So we found a house for the season. Great spot on the gap road, 5 minutes from LP.

It's a very nice place with all the typical ski house amenities.

We have family-oriented full and half shares available.

PM me if this sounds interesting to you.

Thanks for all the help from this forum.

Tom