PDA

View Full Version : July 22 Visit to Base

madskier6
07-24-2006, 02:20 PM
I was at the base of Lincoln Peak this past weekend and the project is looking great! What a change a few weeks makes. The new Gatehouse Lodge is being erected, lots of site work has been done and Claybrook is looking good.

I really liked the position of the new GH Lodge in relation to Super Bravo chair, Gatehouse chair and Claybrook. There is a lot more space in back of the new lodge for skiers to ski between Gatehouse and Super Bravo chairs. That was always somewhat of a bottleneck in year's past. They have done lots of excavating to enlarge this back area. It is almost unrecognizable from even one year ago. The retaining wall they are installing back there looks real nice. The new lodge is going to be significantly larger than the old one.

The foundation of Timbers Restaurant appears to be nearly complete (from a layman's perspective anyway). It also appeared to me that they are working on the foundation (or ground work) for the swimming pool. The huge amount of site work that Win mentioned in one of his posts is evident by strolling the grounds. While I know some people were frustrated at the lack of progress a few weeks ago, all that site work will pay off this winter and next spring/summer when they move to the next phase.

While still a work in progress, I'm writing to tell you that significant progress is being made and it all looks real good to my eyes. I can't wait to check out the new base in December after the snow flies. I think they're doing a great job with this project and I'm very bullish on Sugarbush and its future. Keep up the good work, Win and Summit Ventures!

daevious
07-25-2006, 03:12 PM
Here is a shot of Claybrook from a day or two later (7/24):
http://static.flickr.com/57/198248291_668b0dee15.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dvs/198248291/)
A huge version of this photo is here (http://flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=198248291&size=o).

ltng92
07-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Will this Clay Brook monstrosity and new base lodge be totally completed by this winter? It better look nice. I'm still mad about them building a huge resort at Sugarbush. This will only attract more crowds to Sugarbush, which has always been generally uncrowded. The small crowds are the main reason why I've returned to Sugarbush each winter.

Bubba
07-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Will this Clay Brook monstrosity and new base lodge be totally completed by this winter? It better look nice. I'm still mad about them building a huge resort at Sugarbush. This will only attract more crowds to Sugarbush, which has always been generally uncrowded. The small crowds are the main reason why I've returned to Sugarbush each winter.

We all enjoy having a private mountain. However, the resort cannot operate without paying guests. Like it or not, Win et al do not have unlimmited funds to support our addiction. For those of us that count on the crowds to pay our own bills it will be good.
You just have to pick your days. Mid week is always nice. Don't ski on holidays if you don't want to deal with a crowd.
If you know where to go you can always find some solitude.

Lostone
07-29-2006, 04:22 PM
This will only attract more crowds to Sugarbush

They certainly hope so.

I would love for you to buy the mountain and only let about 100 of us ski it. (Uh... I would be one of the hundred, wouldn't I? :cry: ) Unfortunately, while we're waiting for you to come up with the money, they are continuing to work toward attracting people here.

What Bubba said! Avoid peak days, and there is still plenty of skiing to be had. Visit K-Mart. Then come back and look around. We can still do a lot of sharing, and still have a nice time. 8)

Lostone
07-29-2006, 04:24 PM
And in answer to your question, yes, they are going to do their very verrrry best to have everything completed before the opening of South. :wink:

noski
07-29-2006, 04:26 PM
WORD! You are all hired.

Tin Woodsman
07-29-2006, 07:25 PM
I actually view this building as a huge positive for both SB and the skiing experience. Think about it - the best way to generate cash flow in the skiing biz is through real estate. A building like this, with just 66 units, will not really have any substantive impaqct on the numbers of skiers at SB. Will it attract others by changing the SB image somehow? Maybe, but that really reamins to be seen and likely isn't fundamental to the Summit Ventures business case for Claybtook anyway. All they need to do is sell out those units, and that will generate more than enough to do what they need to do w/o bringing more than a 100 or so new skiers to SB (it goes w/o saying that a large % of people taking units already were SB skiers).

So it's a win/win for Win. They make money, we continue to enjoy a realtively uncrowded mountain. Even on holidays, SB crowds can't hold a candle to its neighbors to the north and south.

noski
07-30-2006, 06:35 AM
The Valley's lodging business sector made a public statement of full support for the project when it was proposed. Though no one wants to put all their economic eggs in one basket, the success and growth in skier visits at Sugarbush are a key component of the overall economic health and future of what we hold so dear.

Tin Woodsman
07-30-2006, 09:52 AM
The Valley's lodging business sector made a public statement of full support for the project when it was proposed. Though no one wants to put all their economic eggs in one basket, the success and growth in skier visits at Sugarbush are a key component of the overall economic health and future of what we hold so dear.

Successful Claybrook = successful Sugarbush

Successful Sugarbush = successful MRV

The first part of the equation doesn't necessarily involve more people on the hill at SB, at least directly. Indirectly, via a halo effect about SB, it might lead to more for the second part of the equation.

07-31-2006, 09:15 AM
I actually view this building as a huge positive for both SB and the skiing experience. Think about it - the best way to generate cash flow in the skiing biz is through real estate. A building like this, with just 66 units, will not really have any substantive impaqct on the numbers of skiers at SB. Will it attract others by changing the SB image somehow? Maybe, but that really reamins to be seen and likely isn't fundamental to the Summit Ventures business case for Claybtook anyway. All they need to do is sell out those units, and that will generate more than enough to do what they need to do w/o bringing more than a 100 or so new skiers to SB (it goes w/o saying that a large % of people taking units already were SB skiers).
Great observations. I look at the Lincoln Peak Village project simply as a modernization of Sugarbush Resort.

So it's a win/win for Win.
Is that like Win³ or something...? ;)

win
07-31-2006, 11:54 AM
Thank for the responses to Itng92. I would just add a couple of things. Over the past decade or so the Valley had losst nearly 100,000 rental unit days over the ski season. We are only replacing some of that. In the past and before high speed quads and the snowmaking system we have at Lincoln Peak, it was estimated that Sugarbush had nearly 400,000 skier visits. With adequate base facilities the Comfortable Carrying Capacity at Sugarbush in approximately 11,000 skier visits per day. The most we have had since our ownership is 7,600 and when all lifts are running and the full mountain is open the longest lift lines from 10am - 11am have been less than 10 minutes. The biggest issue facing Sugarbush since I have been skiing here (nearly 40 years) were the base lodges at Lincoln Peak which were aged and too small. The new Gate House will be a huge improvement. it is true that Holdiay weeks are going to be more crowded everywhere, but the terrain, the natural bowl at Lincoln Peak and the availability of Mount Ellen, means that we will still be relatively uncrowded . If we get the skier days that Sugarbush once had, I would be thrilled, and I would some love to limit the number of daily tickets like they do at Deer Valley. Be assumed that the owners own Sugarbush because we love to ski and ride. We don't cut lines and we want Sugarbush to have the qualities that people love. However, we do need to modernize and we do need to grow somewhat to stay financially viable.

Yes, it will be ready. Try it. I think you'll like it.

freeheel_skier
07-31-2006, 09:00 PM
Amen Win! I think it would be cool to see a return to the good ole "glory days" @ the bush! Now I must get back to replacing the rear cassette on my mountain bike :D

smootharc
08-01-2006, 08:36 AM
Now I must get back to replacing the rear cassette on my mountain bike :D

...upper "along the ridge" heading North/East trail starting behind SB Inn / SouthFace Condos last Friday....rideable I believe by gnarlier folks than me. I rode, I walked, I rode, I walked. All the while getting chewed by Deer flies. I need to find the valley's trails for "middle aged, formerly gnarly, but currently faux-gnarly, guys". That trail ain't it, but I'm gonna keep looking !

smootharc
08-01-2006, 08:50 AM
Over the past decade or so the Valley had lost nearly 100,000 rental unit days over the ski season. Wow !

The most we have had since our ownership is 7,600. I read somewhere last year that Vail's peak sales of WALK UP DAY TICKETS last season was some Sunday where they sold, I hope I'm getting this right, something like 28,000 walk up day tickets. Boggled my mind.

....the owners own Sugarbush because we love to ski and ride. We don't cut lines... You're a bigger man than me....if I were you I'd be known as the "King of Cutsies"....barging the queue all over the mountain in the name of "ownership research". :D

------

One observation I'd add that might also have merit is how much terrain SB has between the official Trail Map terrain.....way, way more than most areas and a monster plus in terms of the place feeling even more uncrowded than it is. One powder day late last season I skied between 10' and 50' feet in the woods off the edge of one popular South trail that had quite a few folks on it all day, and I was alone in freshie heaven run after run.

Are there any reliable comparison numbers to say a Killington, Okemo, Stratton on their peak days in comparison to the 7,600 above ? I'm assuming it's dramatically more ?

random_ski_guy
08-01-2006, 09:25 AM
Hey Win, a few things.

First, kudos to your courage to step out and engage the cyber skiing community. As I SKIMRV.com lurker since the beginning, I think your posts are doing wonders for your mountain.

Second, congrats on getting the clay brook building and gate house lodges up. I think getting both buildings up, at the same time, is key to turning the corner financially. Of course, a long cold snowy winter would be even better.

Now to my questions, have your crews been able to clear out the slide brook express liftline so the lift can operate this coming winter?

Also, I really think its worth while to pursue adding snowmaking to Castlerock Connection, from Middle Earth to the Castlerock chair. Its problaly a princly sum considering all the reports you would need to file with the NFS, but worth it in the long view. Just my two cents.

08-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Also, I really think its worth while to pursue adding snowmaking to Castlerock Connection, from Middle Earth to the Castlerock chair. Its problaly a princly sum considering all the reports you would need to file with the NFS, but worth it in the long view. Just my two cents.
See Q&A #4:

http://skiing.alpinezone.com/articles/challenge/2006/response.htm?resort=sugarbush

Tin Woodsman
08-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Now to my questions, have your crews been able to clear out the slide brook express liftline so the lift can operate this coming winter?

As Win has stated a few times, the SBX didn't run very often b/c there wasn't enough snowcover at the bottom of the Slide Brook basin to enable snowmobiles to get in there in case of an evacuation or rescue situation. I'm pretty sure thet's either one of their stricter operating guidelines or perhaps even a commitment they made to the USFS as part of the agreement allowing the SBX in the first place. My bases can assure you, cover was lacking at those elevations for most of the winter.

Edit: I went back and looked. Here's what Win said in the AZ Challenge:

"Slidebrook is only 11 years old and should run for years. We run it on Holidays and weekends unless the temperatures are not seemed safe or the wind does not allow it to run safely. We have fortunately never had an evacuation, but a full set of chairs could take quite a while to evacuate, and that is why we watch the temperatures carefully. We also have to have enough snow on the roads into Slidebrook to run snowmobiles and other lift evacuation equipment. This is a State requirement as well as our own policy. This year, we had very thin cover and that is why, in the spring, we were not able to run it more"

random_ski_guy
08-01-2006, 11:32 AM
thanks Gregg and Tin, but i thought part of the reason the slide brook didn't run after those nasty wind storms was due to trees coming down as well as the lack of snow. i guess i am mistaken.

Treeskier
08-01-2006, 08:30 PM
When ASC owned the MT they ran Slidebrook all the time. It was there trademake and marketing splash, They spent lots of advertising $$ on a pull out in all ski magazines advertising it. After that was the biggest ski day year since Mascara MT days. It was Bob A. who looked at the # and said it was less costly to..mid week... use the bus shuttle.....we have invested in. I do believe if our mid-week # increase to a exceptible # they will then be able to afford to run the lift mid-week. It is not a permit issue. Now for the possative spin: If they are that busy the trees will be skied out during the week. I personally am willing to take the bus. Even though for mid-week guest it is a visual rush. 2 or 3 days to being on snow again. :)

win
08-02-2006, 03:30 PM
The issue this year was not clearing the trails. It was lack of snow depth. By regulation we have to be able to get equipment into Slidebrook for both lift maintenance and repair and even more importantly for (God forbid) a lift evacuation. While we had good depth at times, there were periods in both mid and late season when the snow depth did not allow this and therefore we could not run Slidebrook. In a normal winter, we should be able to run it from mid to late December until late March. As I mentioned in a previous comment, our plan is to run it weekends and holiday weeks. As you probably know our shuttle buses run between the two base areas everyday every one-half hour. If we get sufficient crowds on weekdays to justify running it, we would consider that as well. Hope this helps.

By the way, out trail crew starts in earnest in August and we will be working on all of our mountain trails and wooded areas and approved portions of Slidebrook.

win
08-02-2006, 03:33 PM
In fairness of full disclosure. We won't cut lines, but we will go up early to check things out on occasion!

Tin Woodsman
08-02-2006, 06:52 PM
By the way, out trail crew starts in earnest in August and we will be working on all of our mountain trails and wooded areas and approved portions of Slidebrook.
Win -

As a follow up to your answers on this matter in the AZ Ski Area challenge, is there any chance that civilians will be allowed to participate in this exercise? Or will that have to await more approvals etc.. from the USFS?

Tin Woodsman
08-02-2006, 06:53 PM
In fairness of full disclosure. We won't cut lines, but we will go up early to check things out on occasion!
Got to "take one for the team" on occasion!

Lostone
08-02-2006, 07:50 PM

I have pointed you out to people in line, on a powder day, a number of times and they are astounded that you would be in line... ON A POWDER DAY!!! :shock: :wink: And Adam, too.

For the record many of them are also impressed to find the owners helping in the lines, on weekends. It shows the concern. :wink:

Bubba
08-10-2006, 05:21 AM
Things are really starting to take shape!
I went through yesterday to find that the restaurant is almost fully enclosed and the roof is going on the lodge.
It really does look good, sorry I didn't have my camera.
Maybe Lostone could post a picture for us?

Lostone
08-10-2006, 09:48 AM
Somebody caught me wandering around with my camera, yesterday! :roll: :wink:

Well, I did take a pic or two... :roll: 8)

The big news is that Timbers is open! I have proof!

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album06/Pict9916.jpg

See? People are eating in the restaurant!

Things are coming along great. Posted a few more pix in the gallery, here:

http://forums.skimrv.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album06&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

What a great day to be out on the mountain! 8)

daevious
08-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Nice photos, lostone. I like the ones from Mall & Stein's.

If Win is reading: could you give us a heads-up here when they're due to cap the silo?

That would be fun to watch, I think.

ski_resort_observer
08-10-2006, 11:23 AM
Loooooooooking Goooooooooood!

Lostone
08-10-2006, 12:07 PM
Loooooooooking Goooooooooood!

:shock: Nooooo! That is over at Nooooorrrth! :lol:

(I know... I just have to get out more. ) :roll:

:wink:

win
08-10-2006, 12:16 PM
They are planning to cap Timbers sometime tomorrow, and the silo may occur next week. They have to complete the metal skin and then it goes up. I don't have the final schedule yet, but will try to post the date when I know. Going over to Timbers for lunch myself right now!

Bubba
08-10-2006, 05:16 PM
[quote="Lostone"]Somebody caught me wandering around with my camera, yesterday! :roll: :wink:

Well, I did take a pic or two... :roll:

I knew you wouldn't let me down! :lol:

daevious
08-11-2006, 07:26 PM
From today (Aug 11):
http://static.flickr.com/79/212829737_f6c7db8091_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dvs/212829737) http://static.flickr.com/92/212829652_c562e1059f_s.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dvs/212829652) http://static.flickr.com/68/212829620_7c52adea68_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dvs/212829620)
(Click the images for a larger view)

Strat
08-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Digging the panoramas daev... these shots are awesome... what are you shooting with?

daevious
08-11-2006, 08:11 PM
Thanks, Strat! My camera is a Panasonic DMC-FZ5. The key to the panoramas, though, is this autostitch (http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html) software. It's a free download and pretty easy to use (but Windows only).

Strat
08-12-2006, 08:00 AM
Thanks, Strat! My camera is a Panasonic DMC-FZ5. The key to the panoramas, though, is this autostitch (http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~mbrown/autostitch/autostitch.html) software. It's a free download and pretty easy to use (but Windows only).
I see. Well keep on shooting then! Stuff looks great.

Lostone
08-12-2006, 08:33 AM
Thanx for that Autostitch link.

That is one of the features of my Olympus that I really liked. Unfortunately, that is only a 3 MP camera, so doesn't get out that much. :(

Still is the best camera I have for action shots. 8)

It will be nice to have the ability to shoot panoramas with the big cameras. :)

win
08-12-2006, 06:32 PM
PIZZAGALLI TELLS ME THAT THEY HOPE TO PUT THE DOME ON THE SILO EARLY THE WEEK OF 8/21. THE ROOFER IS SCHEDULED TO BE HERE NEXT WEEK TO GET EVERYTHING READY FOR THE FOLLOWING WEEK. SHOULD BE A GOOD PHOTO OP.

Lostone
08-13-2006, 08:25 AM
It would be great to get that, if we could get notice before it is happening. (Hint, hint. :wink: )

And for those watching the progress, I've added to my LP base area gallery with yesterday's pix.

http://forums.skimrv.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album06&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php
(Last few shots on P.1 and the following pic on P. 2. )

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album06/tPICT0059.jpg

Happening quick! 8)

smootharc
08-14-2006, 08:53 AM
PIZZAGALLI TELLS ME THAT THEY HOPE TO PUT THE DOME ON THE SILO EARLY THE WEEK OF 8/21. THE ROOFER IS SCHEDULED TO BE HERE NEXT WEEK TO GET EVERYTHING READY FOR THE FOLLOWING WEEK. SHOULD BE A GOOD PHOTO OP.

....that literally flings the dome like a frisbee into place from 1/4 mile away. Close to 5 seconds of airtime, if it doesn't miss, which has been known to happen.... :wink:

win
08-18-2006, 09:23 AM
For all those interested, the dome on the silo is scheduled to go airborne at 9am next Tuesday.

Lostone
08-18-2006, 09:32 AM
Great! I'll try to be there with a camera or two. :wink:

Hey, I haven't heard (seen?) anyone mention anything about the stonework at the bottom of the building. What a great look!

I have some pix that I'll hope to put up over the weekend, but it has the appearance of an old stone wall, where you have different stones in positions where they fit to make it all filled.

I was impressed.... but we all know I need to get out more. :roll: :wink:

ski_resort_observer
08-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Dang...the one time I can't be there as I am taking a friend down to Gifford for some minor surgery. I think the dome will improve the overall look by breaking up the box-like visualness of the building. As a former carpenter I really love the roof on the Timbers. The Timbers building looks like a larger version of the Mushroom which I have always thought looked totally cool.

win
08-19-2006, 09:08 AM
The parking lot lanscaping will also change the perspective later this fall. Not many ski parking lots are landscaped. Also the red siding makes a difference. Take a look at the courtyard!

Lostone
08-22-2006, 09:30 AM
The cap didn't go. They were in the midst of preparations and then everything stopped.

Heard someone say they had to get a bigger crane,but that comes from the rumor department. :wink:

Sure were a lot of people with cameras there, including a lot of the construction people.

Win, Any hints as to the next try?

win
08-22-2006, 09:46 AM
You beat me to the site. The dome weighs 17,000lbs, and the crane that was brought in was thought to be adequate. However, once they got it off the ground with the weight and the breeze, the crane operator and Pizagalli felt they were too close to the safety tolerance levels. So they made the call to postpone it and bring in a bigger crane later this week. I will let you know the schedule as soon as I do. Better safe than sorry! That's one of the great attributes about Pizagalli. Don't want a giant frisbee floating over the valley.

You should see the electonics inside the crane operator's area. Very high tech!

daevious
08-22-2006, 11:13 AM
http://static.flickr.com/80/222089644_e5949d7790.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dvs/222089644/)

Oh, well. Nice day to be out there!

win
08-22-2006, 12:15 PM
Great photo! The bulldozer in the foreground is working on the opening of Hotel Brook which is part of the permit requirement. For those that don't know, there is actually a small brook that runs down skiers left of Easy Rider enters a culvert and merges with Rice Brook by the tennis courts. We are opening the lower portion and will complete its full opening in next couple of years so that the brook will be entirely above ground except where is runs under Village Road. Next to this are the retaining ponds that have been constructed to hold and cleanse storm water runoff from the mountain so it does not impair the streams that eventually flow into the Mad River. A side benefit of the construction is the environmental work that has been done that will benefit the entire Valley.

win
08-22-2006, 04:48 PM
Just heard. The new attempt to raise the dome is scheduled for 7am sharp. The new 90 ton crane comes in tomorrow, so all will be ready for an early am launch the next morning. Hope for light winds and sunny skies, so Lostone can snap some good pics.

Lostone
08-22-2006, 08:51 PM
You beat me to the site

I'm not as slow as I seem. :wink:

As to the decision to wait and play it safe, the vision of Maxwell Smart standing there saying, "Missed it by that much!" :shock: wouldn't have been a good thing. :wink:

And daevious, you're right, that it was a terrible day to have to stand outside and enj... :? put up with a view like that. I had a feeling you were one of the people over in that area. I had my view / shooting plan all set.... but on the bad side, a cloud came in and stole all my sunshine. :cry:

I'll have to think about that spot. You seemed to have a good enough shot. I had a much better position for a close up, but I had a lot of things and people I was shooting around, in the foreground, for the early shots.

How many Mpixels are you using?

This is what I got from my position:
http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album06/tPICT0124.jpg

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/album06/tPICT0124c.jpg

I also added a few shots (as well as these) to page 2 of my gallery. Note the look of the stomework. It would have been a ton easier to just use bricks, but I really like this look!

http://forums.skimrv.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album06&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=2

Win, I'd like to order dark blue sky and a few puffy white clouds? 8)

ski_resort_observer
08-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Not sure if I will make it but methinks you guys should break out the winter jackets as the temps will be pretty chilly Thurs morn. around 40F.

noski
08-23-2006, 08:56 AM
[Win, I'd like to order dark blue sky and a few puffy white clouds? 8)

Chamber of Commerce weather on the way. I am going to try and make it up there to watch as well.

edit: Oh, and SRO, I notice you always post late at night. If you were to go to sleep earlier, you could get up and watch the dome raising.

Lostone
08-24-2006, 09:50 AM
First of all, I'd like to complain There's a shocker, huh? :roll: :wink: about the "Chamber of Commerce weather! I needed more sun on the mountain so that she could be properly displayed. 8)

Beyond that, I did get a shot or two... or 164? :roll:

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/Capping-the-Silo/tPICT0241c.jpg

http://forums.skimrv.com/albums/Capping-the-Silo/tPICT0293.jpg

I've posted a few more of the shots in the gallery. You can see them here: http://forums.skimrv.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Capping-the-Silo&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php&page=1

8)

daevious
08-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Nice shots, lostone. Here's a fast and jerky 30-second slideshow of the process, which took about 45 minutes.

[link removed]

[EDIT 8/25: Watch the new version instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_PxtEQ5QV0 -- smoother, easier on the eyes.]

noski
08-24-2006, 10:39 AM
First of all, I'd like to complain There's a shocker, huh? :roll: :wink: about the "Chamber of Commerce weather! I needed more sun on the mountain so that she could be properly displayed. 8)

Ya, sorry about that, it was not some of my best work... pics and Daevious' movie is cool. I forgot I had a 7am meeting already scheduled....

ski_resort_observer
08-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Great shots! Thanks for sharing! They may it look so easy...like putting the top on some Tupperware. Won't get my DSL until next week, have to wait until then to see the video. While you guys were having so much fun I was at Valley Rental getting a carpet cleaning machine so I can get down to some serious putting stuff where they are supposed to be action.

win
08-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Great pics and video. It turns out it actually weighed 18,000 lbs according to the Crane operator. Glad it is up. The metal will oxidize in time so it will be a more subdued color - just like what happens to a silo on a real barn. The fellow who made the dome was really proud and happy when it went on. He said that he has been in the construction business for over thirty years and had never done anything like this. He also said this is one of the 2 best projects he has worked on in his career which made us all feel really good. Even better, he said he is going to bring his wife back this winter to have dinner in Timbers!

HowieT2
08-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Nice video, but the soundtrack needs work.

Great to see the progress. It's really starting to look like a big time ski resort.

daevious
08-25-2006, 11:18 AM
New video of the cap-raising --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_PxtEQ5QV0

Same basic info, but I resized and aligned the photos so it's not so jerky. Now a 40-second youtube video.

Also, for Howie, it has a different sound track.

Lostone
08-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Did the original have a soundtrack? :?

I never thought to turn on my sound. :roll:

In any case, great job with the rework of the video. Looks much smoother, now. 8)

trtaylor
08-25-2006, 11:43 AM
Very cool video. Pictures are nice, too. Is nice for us not located in Vermont to see what is going on.

In the video, I wonder what it was like for the guy riding the end of that manlift? He was up there!

Strat
08-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Video's not working on my computer, not sure why... only plays the first .25 seconds or so and then cuts off and does the "Share or Watch Again?" screen... hm... youtube videos usually work on my computer...