PDA

View Full Version : Ski Clubs

riskibum13
07-19-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm looking for any informations about some of the ski clubs in the valley. I have skied at Sugarbush all of my life but I am looking to change things up this coming season.

Tin Woodsman
07-20-2006, 09:28 AM
I'm looking for any informations about some of the ski clubs in the valley. I have skied at Sugarbush all of my life but I am looking to change things up this coming season.

I'm not sure what the specifics are on what you're looking for, but there are two pretty good ones down the road in Granville. Look into the Onendaga Ski Club and the Short Hills Ski Club. 15 mins to the base from there if you know what you're doing and the roads are clear.

ski_resort_observer
07-20-2006, 10:00 AM
I would check with some of the longtime realtors in the valley, VARE), Graves(Sugarbush resort), Sugarbush, Millbrook:

www.mbre.com(Millbrook)
www.sugarbushcondosales.com(Sugarbush)
www.varerealestate.com (VARE)
www.gravesrealty.net

You can email them but I think calling them would be better. Good luck!

If Lostone chimes in here I know he has personal experience with ski clubs in the area.

smootharc
07-20-2006, 03:36 PM

I'm not sure what the specifics are on what you're looking for, but there are two pretty good ones down the road in Granville. Look into the Onendaga Ski Club and the Short Hills Ski Club. 15 mins to the base from there if you know what you're doing and the roads are clear.

Onondaga Ski Club is my neck of the woods.

http://www.osc-ski.org/

But, Tin, that 15 minute ride you mention must be in a Ferrari with four studded snows....or you know about some secret roads I don't.... :shock:

I'm still confused about the "change things up" part, as I thought the poster was already skiing the bush ?!? But I am easily confused.

Treeskier
07-20-2006, 04:38 PM
We run a ski club in the winter. You get a use of the house for 6 months. It is on Bragg hill with a great view. If you want more information give me a call 508 877-7700. Are you alone or do you have a couple friends also?

riskibum13
07-21-2006, 03:27 PM
Right now it's just me but that could change.

Lostone
07-21-2006, 08:41 PM
My input would be that I used to be in a ski club. I was in it for 13 years and thought it to be pretty much great fun. It was more of a ski house, with people going skiing at different times, and sometimes different mountains.

But There would always be a bunch meeting here or there, and some of the parties at night were outstanding. Great food, great people and great memories.

The house I used to be in was at the northern part of Moretown. I'm pretty much out of their loop, but if you want, PM me with your details, and I'll pass them on to the guys who run it.

It is a really nice house with people in their very vberyvery late thirties. :roll: :lol:

I've also seen Treeskier's place, and met some of the people from it. Nice house and nice people.

There are options, but maybe you want to be a little more specific as to what you are looking for? There are a lot of variances in houses and clubs. A season with the wrong group can be a pain... for everyone. :wink: