PDA

View Full Version : Trying to "Quote"

noski
06-27-2006, 01:18 PM
I am noticing that the \\"quote\\" feature is not functioning properly....somehow and extra \\"/\\" gets stuck in there- causing the html coding to display. ?

edit: huh! I didn't put any slashes in my message except after the word Extra. It saw quotes and put in slashes- that is why it is not transferring properly.....

Lostone
06-27-2006, 03:25 PM
I am noticing that the \\"quote\\" feature is not functioning properly

Just checking. :?

Lostone
06-27-2006, 03:30 PM
What I did was to copy part of your post, hit Quote, paste your post within, then close the Quote.

Seemed to work. :?

What are you doing?

In any case, if there is a problem, it is more Greg's world, but you can see the above did seem to work? 8)

Seems to work. :?

noski
06-27-2006, 03:50 PM
What I did was to copy part of your post, hit Quote, paste your post within, then close the Quote.

Seemed to work. :?

What are you doing?

In any case, if there is a problem, it is more Greg's world, but you can see the above did seem to work? 8)

When I hit QUOTE it pastes the whole message to which I am replying into this box, and now I am replying to that which has been quoted. That is how I always do it- and eliminate parts that are not pertinent, then write my reply. I already see what is going to happen. If I put quotation marks around any \"word\" for some emphasis, I am guessing when I post it I will see odd slashes. Here goes.

Lostone
06-27-2006, 06:57 PM
I am noticing that the \\"quote\\" feature is "not" functioning properly

Edit, the above is with the quote function above. Normally I don't use that, as I seldom want to quote the whole post, but now that I've tried, it seems to work, too.

Are you typing the codes, or just hitting the Quote button? :?

I'm not saying there isn't a problem. I've seen it in other "posts" and wondered how they did that. Just that everything I have tried seems to have worked.

For the record, I've done a bunch of other tests that I've just checked in Preview and dumped, as they looked ok.

So far, no slashes. :roll:

Lostone
06-27-2006, 08:57 PM
I am noticing that the \\"quote\\" feature is not functioning properly

Trying with IE, this time. :?

I give up! :roll:

You gotta admit, I tried. If you can see anything you are doing that I haven't tried, let me know. :oops:

07-13-2006, 10:23 AM
This should be resolved moving forward....