PDA

View Full Version : Fly-in

Bubba
06-06-2006, 07:22 AM
Incase anyone is interested in Checking this out;

June 24 Fly-In and FAA Mountain Flying Presentation

On Saturday, June 24, Sugarbush Soaring will be hosting an OPEN HOUSE for fly-in (and drive-in) pilots to see what we are all about. (Rain date June 25.) There will be an FAA presentation on “Mountain Flying” for Wings Program credit that should be of interest to all. Discounted 15 minute glider rides will be offered. In addition to the flying, a Chicken Barbeque will be prepared by our field restaurant, the DinerSoar. See you on June 24th!

www.sugarbushsoaring.com

smootharc
06-06-2006, 02:47 PM
....was a SB soar which included a sweet vertical loop. Absolutely a blast !

Lostone
06-06-2006, 03:11 PM
How can you have a 15 minute glider ride? :?:

Seems the trip up would take more than that. :?

Bubba
06-07-2006, 08:20 AM
I'm no pilot and I have no real connection with the soaring operation, but, as near as I can tell:
The meter starts when the teather is released. You make a quick loop around the valley and land.
It gives you a completely new prespective of the Valley.

Lostone
06-07-2006, 10:21 AM
I think it would be a "friendly gesture" for you to find out what the reduced rate would be. :wink:

If it is within my target, it might be a good thing to check out. :?

I have a ton of pix of the gliders from the top of the mountain. Wouldn't mind getting a few from the reverse position. :)

smootharc
06-07-2006, 10:30 AM
I think it would be a "friendly gesture" for you to find out what the reduced rate would be. :wink:

I have a ton of pix of the gliders from the top of the mountain. Wouldn't mind getting a few from the reverse position. :)

My smile lasted for the 250 mile drive home that day....it's just a thrill, and yes, the perspective is completely different. No one could have ever convinced me there were so many nude sunbathers in the valley if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes..... :lol:

Bubba
06-08-2006, 05:17 AM

I'll look into it.

Bubba
06-08-2006, 10:29 AM
15 min ride for the fly-in=$65

Regular pricing:
20 min ride=$117
30 min ride=$154

Lostone
06-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Thanx for the info. 8)

Hopefully there will be a few out there that are interested.

I'll see how I feel as it comes closer. Still a little steep for me.

Wonder how long the trip up takes?

Lostone
06-26-2006, 11:07 AM
So... How did it turn out?

Certainly was a lovely day. I had planned on at least jumping up there to check it out, but by the time I thought of it, it was around 7:00. :?

Didn't seem like a ton more planes launching. What is the report? :wink: