PDA

View Full Version : Good Lunch Spots

nelsapbm
05-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Hey All -
My bf and I love to take rides and go explore, and we often find ourselves in the valley as our favorite drives are those on the gap roads. And, as it so happens, we usually find ourselves in the Valley around lunchtime! Anyone have any lunch spots they'd like to share? We're open to sit-down restaurants, snack bars, deli sandwiches, etc. Heck, even someplace like the Squirrels Nest in Bristol (which, btw, is no longer :( ).
Thanks!

Bubba
05-19-2006, 03:17 PM
Shameless self-promotion.

The DinerSoar at the Warren airport. :lol:

www.dinersoar.com

ski_resort_observer
05-19-2006, 03:56 PM
The DinerSoar is a great place for lunch...almost a local's secret. If you happen to be up at the LP base area the Paradise Deli is good. In Waitsfield I like the Smallest Donut Company, great sandwiches on tasty homemade bread. The deli at the Warren Store is verp popular. If your looking for a creemee, the Village Country Creemee would be the place. The SDC and the VCC as well as Michael's(another good choice) are in the Village Square in downtown Irasville. :D

noski
05-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Well, of all the people to answer your question, you will understand that I have to say: "They're ALL good!" But I have to say the small donut company uses really, really good thick, cob smoked bacon.... But, they're ALL good! :) I try to eat everywhere-

My favorite Den sandwhich is a Dark Side (pastrami/swiss/coleslaw on toasted rye), BLT or Valley BlT at Small Donut; pulled pork burrito with chili sour cream and guacaomole at Michaels Good to Go.... soup and half sandwich at Easy Street. Turkey club at Paradise Deli; Wish I could remember the name of the WArren STore sandwhich I like- turkey, cran/mayo etc. Village Grocery or Irasville Country Store pizza, but they're ALL good!

Bubba- what is on the menu at the Dinersoar? You have the best setting of all. Years ago I would bring my children up there with a picnic lunch and blanket and just watch the planes. They loved it.

freeheel_skier
05-19-2006, 07:09 PM
"Wish I could remember the name of the WArren STore sandwhich I like- turkey, cran/mayo etc."

The #6

Chicken Cheese Steak at The Paradise..yum

Strat
05-20-2006, 07:16 AM
Maynard's Snack Bar outside of Moretown is always a nice lunch stop... not the classiest establishment, the seating consisting of aging red picnic tables, but it's an experience in itself... excellent creemees too, though of course if you're coming from the Waitsfield side instead of Moretown like me, it would make sense to get your creemee fix in Waitsfield...

Bubba
05-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Bubba- what is on the menu at the Dinersoar? You have the best setting of all. Years ago I would bring my children up there with a picnic lunch and blanket and just watch the planes. They loved it.

Easiest to view menus on the website: www.dinersoar.com

We're pretty flexible, so if you don't see what you want, just ask.

Country Creamee also has hot food now and ice cream cakes.