PDA

View Full Version : tricky ASC advertising

ski_it
05-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Not sure if anyone pays attention to the ads syndicated by Google that show up on this site and so many others on the internet. Noticed that ASC has purchased one that showed here today that is particularly interesting:

http://www.schley.net/jim/images/allforone.jpg

Not sure who would see an ad for Sugarbush and end up buying an ASC season pass, but still... tricky...[/img]

Lostone
05-03-2006, 09:11 AM
I agree. :?

I click on the ads every once in a while and have run across that one. They list all the mountains, and Sugarbush isn't on that ad, anywhere but in the ad title.

Wonder what recourse there is for false advertising, on the internet? :|

Lostone
05-03-2006, 09:31 AM
I just went to the Google feedback site and sent them a feedback report on it.

We'll see if anything comes of it. :roll:

kcyanks1
05-03-2006, 12:34 PM
Could be a trademark issue as well.

ski_resort_observer
05-04-2006, 03:21 PM
If I was the Bush I would not be too happy with this discovery. It seems the Bush was unaware of the problem so perhaps They owe you guys a big thank you. How does some tik vouchers sound? How it happened would be interesting to find out. I did get a notice recently that Google's Adsense program was in for some major changes.

summitchallenger
05-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Yeah, not so good imho. Seems to raise some trademark issues.

Lostone
05-09-2006, 10:07 AM
Has anyone seen this ad since this thread started?

I've yet to receive a response from Google, but I've been looking and haven't seen the ad since my complaint.

Not sure there is any trademark possibility as there are a million ads for different things using the Sugarbush name. Rather, I was complaining about false advertising.

ski_resort_observer
05-09-2006, 02:16 PM
It might not have anything to do with Google in that all the content is based on what is provided for them. In addition, after their stock took a tumble in the last couple of months and it looks like Microsoft might be buying Yahoo, so maybe they have other things to worry about. :lol:
I am just glad for the bush's sake the ad has been changed. It has popped up a few times in the past week but there was no link listed which I guess is better than a link to ASC.

05-09-2006, 02:52 PM
SRO is correct. That AdSense ad was set up by whoever is responsible for ASC's Ad Words account. The promotion that ad was advertising is now over (early A41 sales). It ended on May 2. Both ASC and Sugarbush are huge sponsors of AlpineZone so I will refrain from commenting here, but if I notice such an ad again, I will pursue it further.