PDA

View Full Version : Ski Reporg

Treeskier
04-16-2006, 05:59 PM
Friday was great! Soft mushy corn bumps! Lots of smiling faces. Followed by a great post dinner on the deck.
Saturday had more clouds then sun with a hail storm at 12. Most agreed that it only got soft after noon. Great snow. BBQ! At the end of the day a few of the gullies of the bumps on Black Diamond and Exterminator were showing some brown.
Easter Sunday. Wind was high but it was cold overnight. So only Sunny D when I got there "high winds...and they where howling"...was open. Have not skied Sunny D this year. "You know the pass holder day go out for 3 runs at 12 only to close the lift at 4:00." Almost no one there but every time a group of friends left.....another arrived. Plus the snow was "Finski" Swiss word for the 1st 1 inch of dirty corn. It is so yummy. Left and right was quit fun.
Open tomorrow.......YAH!

Mid week is going to be warm SO GET OUT AND SKI IT!

smootharc
04-17-2006, 07:00 AM
Arrived late. Skied late. FIS was a wonder.

Sunday arrived late....wind hold. Sipped my coffee, debated suiting up, bought a hat, grabbed some free stickers, chatted, and learned the summit was closed for the day. Decided to hit SHARC for cardio and weights and sauna. Pounded a chicken cheese steak from Paradise Deli as I stared up at Lincoln Peak. Drove up Bragg hill for the views. Parked at that little cemetary. Took some pics. A better panorama of ski terrain simply, in my opinion, does not exist anywhere in the East. The sun peeked in and out of roiling strips of clouds, like a spotlight highlighting sections of the view. Just lovely.

Drove down 100, saying goodbye to the valley until next time....this weekend. Skiing atop Ellen looks on target to be pretty nice. Interesting to see if they can keep it top to bottom.

win
04-17-2006, 07:52 AM
Bottom probably only a few more days, but top should remain nice for most of the week. Winter is back this morning, but Spring is returning tomorrow, and it looks like sunny skies through Friday at least! Lots of snow still on FIS. On Saturday I planted my pole in a soft mogul and suddenly I was skiing with only my handle. Only a foot of the pole was sticking out of the snow when I climbed back up to get it.

04-17-2006, 08:25 AM
Last weekend was "spring skiing" at it's finest!!!
B Diamond, Exterminator, and Bravo were showing us a peek of their "summer face", but certainly manageable, and worth getting to the corn bumps.

Thanks Win, and beware the "pole eating" moguls : () -]----------------~~~
Hope we can make it to the 29th.

Tin Woodsman
04-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Bottom probably only a few more days, but top should remain nice for most of the week. Winter is back this morning, but Spring is returning tomorrow, and it looks like sunny skies through Friday at least! Lots of snow still on FIS. On Saturday I planted my pole in a soft mogul and suddenly I was skiing with only my handle. Only a foot of the pole was sticking out of the snow when I climbed back up to get it.

Win -

Thanks for the update. One question re: ongoing operations this year. If Straight Shot gets too thin to ski on, will you upload/download on the GMX and operate North Ridge as well, or just Summit? It would be great to come up and ski the 2000+ vertical down to the base of North Ridge if there is good coverage on Cruiser etc..

smootharc
04-17-2006, 10:59 AM
.....left my beloved 15 year old Leki Super Makalu poles against my car as I pulled out of Mt. Ellen saturday. Must have had an early senior moment. I've never lost so much as a ski sock in the last 20 years (major Type A tendencies with regards to "stuff"). So, Mt. Ellen lost and found has no poles turned in. Someone must have found them and gotten lost going to the lost and found.

Me sad. :cry:

But, perhaps a good reason to grab the new ones....same great shock absorber, and a newer grip and adjustable setting control. Oh, well. May this be the only senior moment for the next 25 years. I'm only 43....