PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Swimming Holes.....

smootharc
04-11-2006, 03:08 PM
Anybody care to weigh in on their favorites in the valley ?

ski_resort_observer
04-11-2006, 09:40 PM
http://forums.alpinezone.com/gallery/data/516/Aa025.jpg

This is my fav swimming hole in the valley, Madbush Falls. It's about 100 ft from my place.

madskier6
04-11-2006, 11:45 PM
I've only been to the usual suspects: Lareau, Warren Falls, etc., which we really like. But I'd like to learn about other good places. My children and I really like Warren Falls (but my wife is not so keen on it).

smootharc
04-12-2006, 07:58 AM
I've only been to the usual suspects: Lareau, Warren Falls, etc., which we really like. But I'd like to learn about other good places. My children and I really like Warren Falls (but my wife is not so keen on it).

....the wife's non-keeness regarding Warren Falls ?

smootharc
04-12-2006, 08:02 AM
This is my fav swimming hole in the valley, Madbush Falls. It's about 100 ft from my place.

....is publicly accessible ? Your idea of us swimming away all day while you cook and bring us chow from your grill (gratis) is a great one ! :lol:

noski
04-12-2006, 08:15 AM
....is publicly accessible ? Your idea of us swimming away all day while you cook and bring us chow from your grill (gratis) is a great one ! :lol:

yea.... how about 4th of July after the parade and street dance, say 3pm or so? :wink:

Lostone
04-12-2006, 09:58 AM
yea.... how about 4th of July after the parade and street dance, say 3pm or so? :Wink:

Sounds like a party in the making. 8)

One year, I called all my friends and asked them if they were going to the party over at our frind, Randy's house. After convincing msot of them, I called up Randy and invited myself to the party he was having. He was confused at first, but... a good time was had by all. :lol:

madskier6
04-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Any reasons for.....the wife's non-keeness regarding Warren Falls ?

Yes, she thinks it's too dangerous for the children with all the large rocks and high dropoffs. She's a little bit of a worrier about those kinds of things. Of course that's the reason the kids and I like it (the high dropoffs and the danger).

smootharc
04-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Any reasons for.....the wife's non-keeness regarding Warren Falls ?

Yes, she thinks it's too dangerous for the children with all the large rocks and high dropoffs. She's a little bit of a worrier about those kinds of things. Of course that's the reason the kids and I like it (the high dropoffs and the danger).

Whew...I thought it might be me threatening to show up in my 1974 "Captain America" Speedo. Freaks my wife out everytime..... :lol:

smootharc
04-12-2006, 12:57 PM

yea.... how about 4th of July after the parade and street dance, say 3pm or so? :wink:

Very, very generous. Maybe we should all sleep over, too, come to think of it. I'll bring a bag of chips (salsa's too expensive).

smootharc
07-12-2006, 08:11 AM
....at Riverside Park (entry just south of Golden Lion) which has a nice, gentle way about it.

My kids loved it, and there's a great big open grassy field. Was low-key and fun.

As an aside, golly the Mad River has one of the greatest varieties of great river rocks and skipping stones I've ever seen.