PDA

View Full Version : No more all-mountain 6?

skiladi
04-01-2006, 12:15 PM
Just received e-mail about next year's passes on sale online with best discount before May 3. But when I checked the site I see no mention of the 6 day. It goes from 7 to 5 and of course the Mt. Ellen only. I'm disappointed because unlike a lot of weekenders , my husband and are are semi-retired and he takes Mondays off so we can do the more laid back Sunday/Monday thing but now we will have to pay sugarcard price if we ski on Sunday(not really the best option , probably HAVE to buy the full pass). I am wondering...are we really an exception or are there others that were happy with the 6 day option? What is the reason for abandoning that pass? Not enough interest? Less options,less paper or computer work?
Not sure what we will do. No point in buying the 7 day because we avoid skiing Sat. and holidays anyhow. Once in a great while I do to accommodate guests schedules and then I rely on the sugarcard for a small break. If I buy the 5 day I will have to spend ..what? an extra $110 or so for every Sunday? 10 to 15 Sundays? Hmmm , conumdrum. Don't want to be a jerk here but this seems to be forcing condo owners into the full 7 day. No point in the Mt. Ellen only when my place is at south. And mid-week would work if I was local but that isn't a choice right now. Well , just thinking out loud here. ; {

Plowboy
04-01-2006, 01:57 PM
I do not see the All Mountain or Mount Ellen family pass on the web site either. Whats up with this???? The loss of some of these passes will make some of us look at different options.

Did I miss the other cut off dates and prices or are they not available yet. It would be nice to know how much I would be saving. The cut off dates seem to get earlier through out the years. I understand the idea, but it looks like I will be waiting for the next cut off date, due to lack of snow plowed this year.

Lostone
04-01-2006, 08:22 PM
I believe the family pass is mentioned at the bottom of the letter to passholders. It is a link off the site page. Kids ski and ride free? :wink:

As for the 6 pass, that surprised me. I wouldn't doubt that the usage was likely low, but I did like that pass option before buying my condo.

Plowboy
04-02-2006, 01:42 AM
Thanks Lostone. I think the web site was updated after my post. There is a lot more info about passes on it now.

1 kids pass(7-12) for every 7 day adult All Mountain or Mt. Ellen pass. You have to call - not available on line. Early and regular season rates TBA this summer.

2planker
04-02-2006, 08:03 AM
I am trying to look up what the family cost is going to be an cannot because I do not have my pass on me. How many people carry their pass home on during the week? I am not uo for the first weekend in a long time and have questions. Are the family passes going up? What about the kids programs?

Lostone
04-02-2006, 08:26 AM
Not sure why you would need your pass to check the prices.

Early prices (Maybe pre-early? :? ) are listed on the site:
Pass Prices (http://www.sugarbush.com/seasonpasses0607.aspx)

These are for before 5-3. Later prices will probably be listed... later? :? :lol:

Strat
04-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Hey, just something new I noticed... no more Young Adult pass, $229 for kids 7-18 now, All-Mt... not a bad deal. Young Adult was more expensive last year...

Not that it matters to me of course... grades=pass. Even better deal.