PDA

View Full Version : What is the expected last day of the season?

Schusseur
03-22-2006, 05:23 PM
A few weekends left, so want to plan it out.

Lostone
03-22-2006, 07:19 PM
The plan is 4/9 for South and ??? for North. They're hoping for the end of April.

The way things are going, that will be mid-winter. :roll: :wink:

ltng92
03-23-2006, 08:30 PM
End of April??? With the way this winter has gone, I can't imagine Sugarbush staying open through the end of April. I will be up this weekend, so I will have to wait until then to examine the conditions.

ltng92
03-26-2006, 12:16 PM
The conditions yesterday weren't that great. It was a miracle that Castlerock was still open despite all the bare spots.

Snowman
03-26-2006, 05:54 PM
I thought conditions were prettygood on most of the trails, but... there were bare spots on Castlerock? :shock: Well... It is Castlerock. :roll: :wink:

There were trails that definitely had bad spots, but most of the snomaking trails were pretty good.

the BHL
03-28-2006, 12:13 AM
Huh?!? You guys skiing the same hill we were? Last weekend Rumble, Liftie, and C-rock were all sweet, the 'dise was the bomb, and the woods at North - especially x-treeminator woods - were EPIC!!! Prime time!!! Lookit, I suffered through a painful weekend at Sunday River over St. Paddy's Day: Groomed cruisers all day every day. Yeesh! We (at the 'Bush) got it made.

the BHL
03-28-2006, 12:17 AM
And oh yeah, did we mention STEINS?!?!? Yowsah!!!

03-28-2006, 09:44 AM
I agree BHL. Some folks just don't like bare spots. I don't mind them and actually found the lower reaches of The Mall a blast. I just love the challenge of picking my line out of only a very limited number of skiable options. A mandatory hop turn here and there is good for you. ;) Spring skiing, folks!

castlerock
03-28-2006, 01:20 PM
The conditions yesterday weren't that great. It was a miracle that Castlerock was still open despite all the bare spots.

Whaaat? Castlerock skied as well as it has on any weekend all year. I can personally vouch for Liftline and Rumble, both Saturday and Sunday. The rest of the hill was in prime shape. Stein's was phenomenal Saturday afternoon, so good in fact that I got in three with my kids after picking them up at 3:00 from Blazers. Dise was nice. The woods were spring-like, crunchy in the morning.

Skiing with just a shell, long days, great snow, excellent conditions, in-spite of the lack of a Nor-Easter and yo-yo temps.

If you want a carpet, there are many other ski areas out there.

Lostone
03-28-2006, 06:19 PM
Anyone else notice that Castlerock is saying that Castlerock skied well??? :?

%#$# braggart! :shock: :lol:

And the last few days... 8)

And tomorrow...? 8)

(Had to use the smilie with sunglasses on. :wink: )

castlerock
03-29-2006, 08:25 AM
Anyone else notice that Castlerock is saying that Castlerock skied well??? :?

Yeah and the trail was good too...

You know you've lost it when you refer to yourself in the third-person.

Snowman
03-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Overheard today, "Where are all those people that put up with the ugly winter days?" :shock:

Nobody there today. And the snow! :D Some of the trails are gettin kinda thin, but... the snow! :D Hopped over some stuff today to get to more of... You guessed it... the snow! :lol:

Warm day in the 40s or 50s on the mountain. Dark blue sky. Bright sun. TOUGH skiing, but soooo much fun, if you could do it!

So where was everyone? Next two supposed to be the same. 8)

Anyone feeling sickly? :wink:

freeheel_skier
03-29-2006, 10:28 PM
I'll tell you what!!! Today at ME was phenomenal...maybe even epoch! The snow was sick. Hero bumps....was really wishing I had my alpine set up. Yo-Yo'd the summit lift all day. Exterminator to Bravo, Upper Bravo, Black Diamond, Rim Run to lower Rim Run, Lookin' Good, Elbow all skiied fantastic! Small window for this great skiing so enjoy.

On a side note. I was skiing with a buddy of mine who has not skiied ME in several years. We Skiied FIS to Lookin' Good on the first run. We got back to the summit chair. He asked what was the name of that run again??? My reply....."AWESOME! :D "