PDA

View Full Version : 4/15 Triathlon Athletes & Updates

noski
03-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Use this thread to post if you are a TEAM looking for members or an ATHLETE looking for a team.

The 28th Sugarbush Triathlon (April 15) is a 4 event triathlon featuring paddling, running, biking and nordic legs. The event is never cancelled, regardless of weather. This event is part of the Vermont Adventure Games weekend. Kids Triathlon is April 15.

Visit http://www.sugarbush.com/vag.aspx for event and entry information.

(edit:) If you get matched up with team/athlete, please edit your post so information displayed is current.

Lostone
03-23-2006, 07:40 AM
This is a great idea!

I've seen teams scramble for members and draft people at the end.

It would be nice if this helps teams find people to round out their team. 8)

Also posted at the Alpine Zone board.... just in case. :wink:

Michael Malley
03-23-2006, 05:17 PM
I found a team.

noski
03-29-2006, 03:54 PM
I found a team. That's Great!!! HOWEVER.....if I remember, Mike was a paddler. There is a possibility that the river will be too low to navigate, unless we receive significant rain. There is not sufficient mountain snow left to melt in quantities to raise the river to a high enough level. IF that is the case, the paddlers will have to run from the Lareau Swim Hole to Waitsfield Telecom. That decision will be made by April 13. I sure hope I can find Mike's email somewhere.....or he might be in for a rude surprise! :shock:

Michael Malley
03-29-2006, 05:59 PM
Mike's rude surprise was the year he had to run in the snowstorm. Mike became a runner that year! Let's hope for rain, and bring the running shoes.
Mike Malley

noski
03-31-2006, 09:27 AM
IF IF there is no river segment, the run portion is 1.9 miles, short gradual uphill early on, then flat and sloping downhill the rest of the way.

busyfiddling
03-31-2006, 03:21 PM
We are a team of all girls looking for another girl (though we'd take a guy too at this point). Entry fees are already paid for as a local company is sponsoring us. But we are in need of a XC skier...anyone interested?

Michael Malley
04-05-2006, 07:45 PM
We are a Kayak team looking for a Skier. We're three guys registered as a mixed team(we lost our lady), but we're an equal opportunity team, and will change our class to suit. Extraordinary salary and benifits based on Skier's performance.

Watch This! Inc.
Essex Vt.

sjudice
04-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows how the current water levels compare with that of last year? The levels were reading around 200CFS, but with the rain and snow the past couple days it spiked, and is now around 400CFS (at the USGS guage station). Any info would be helpful. THanks!!!

Stephen J

Michael Malley
04-09-2006, 09:19 AM
I think last year the flow was about 450 cfs. Yesterday, we had a nice cold paddle at 650 cfs, but I expect it to be down to the 300's soon. The long range weather shows rain on Thursday.
Michael Malley

noski
04-12-2006, 03:07 PM
The word is in- there will be a full paddle for the Triathlon. Current river flow is about 350. Minimum flow for the event should be nothing below 300. Having said that, don't bring your best boat....

As far as the Nordic leg, I am told to expect ankle deep, thigh burning, corn, or sorta corn, kinda..... :roll:

So, we are on! Registration until 7pm Friday evening at Lincoln Peak. If online, until 2am Friday.

Lostone
04-14-2006, 10:55 PM
Good Luck

To All the competitors and teams!

Lostone
04-15-2006, 10:50 PM
It was a lovely day on the mountain. I wandered over and took some pix from the XC ski part. Only was there for the first part, but snapped a bunch of pix. A pic with a c after the number is cropped from a larger pic.

I've posted a bunch of them on my MSN pic site. (http://groups.msn.com/JimsSceneryPix/sugarbushadventuregames.msnw)

I'd have taken more, but some idiot forgot to take an extra set of batteries with him. :roll: :lol: As it was, I took 175 shots! :shock:

Hope everyone had a great time. 8)