PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Love About the Bush?

skibum1321
03-20-2006, 08:16 AM
Okay, with all the negativity around these parts these days, I think it's time for a positive thread about the Bush.

What made you fall in love with Sugarbush, the MRV, etc.

For me it really is all about the skiing. I think the Bush has the best terrain hands down. It's been an off season for snow this year as we all know too well. I think we're all a little cranky because there was never enough snow to ski our favorite stashes.
While I like to go out every now and then, no nightlife isn't a huge deal for me - I'm usually too tired from skiing to have more than dinner and a beer anyway. There are endless outdoor options in the valley all year long - hiking, biking and skiing for me. I do not currently own in the valley, but would love to do so as soon as finances allow (I'm only 23 for God-sake). My only real gripe is pass prices for the young post-college crowd - but I've addressed that elsewhere.

Plowboy
03-20-2006, 08:30 AM
A day like yesterday. Great snow, not too crowded and a bunch of outstanding dummies.

Or today, nobody here, 6" fresh, just a few turkeys in the trees. 8)

smootharc
03-20-2006, 08:44 AM
Okay, with all the negativity around these parts these days, I think it's time for a positive thread about the Bush.

What made you fall in love with Sugarbush, the MRV, etc.

1) Terrain....from LP to Stark, with the backcountry in between, arguably as good as it gets in NE.

1b) Snow....generally right up there in terms of snow totals and freshies.

2) Lack of crowds.

3) Mostly lack of a certain type of loud, pushy, unfun people from, grossly generalizing here, a handful of not to be named places, who you find sprouting like mushrooms in a cow patty at many not to be named resorts.

4) year round outdoor fun

5) creative vibe.

6) feeling the place is one where those who are here seem vested in making it good for all. The word community comes to mind.

Lostone
03-20-2006, 08:32 PM
I came for the pass price. They had a $200 discount from a full pass called the Value Pass. It would allow you to ski all but holidays. I decided to give them a try for a season. I'd had 3 passes at K-mart and one at Stowe.

I decided that I really liked the terrain. And those days, the terrain was almost exclusively North. As time went on, I gained a deep appreciation for the terrain at South. There is so much diversity here.

But the big thing is that everyone is friendly. I'm not just talking about the people working on the mountain, but the people that ski here and those living in the valley.

It is like everyone noticed that everyone else was friendly and didn't want to be the jerk to spoil it. So they became friendly, too.

And it is contagious.

ltng92
03-23-2006, 08:31 PM
I like Sugarbush because it is uncrowded and has great skiing. They also receive a lot of good natural snow.