PDA

View Full Version : Observations from last weeks school vacation and spring prep

Treeskier
03-01-2006, 10:04 PM
Observations from last weeks school vacation:

I was dually impressed with what the MT put out with such a bad start. We all know that the warmth followed by the intense wind storm turned everything to ice. The MT kept it’s chin up and offered up something each day that was fun to ski. Starting with grooming Ripcoard and Cliffs followed early in the week with blowing fun snow on Spring Fling. Then later grooming Steins followed with blowing snow on it. (Even with the winch breaking so they could not finish winching the trail they still went out by hand and moved it to the edge of the trail so they could open what they got done for us to play on)

One thing that really caught my eye was that they dragged the hoses from Spring Fling onto lower Moonshine so they could re-open it, while also putting down a below frost line base for spring skiing. They also re-stock piled snow onto the Brovo head wall at North!

Speaking of spring skiing I got the word that with the cold temperatures, they are making more snow at Mount Ellen to prepare for Spring. The top, Elbow and FIS have good depth so they are beefing up Rim Run, The Flats of Glen House, the area around the bottom of North Ridge and Straight Shot under GMX. Not many other area are still making snow, but they/we are hoping to have our Spring end on a positive note like last year. THIS GREAT NEWS

Also the MT is now at 100% open!