PDA

View Full Version : Windy Friday

Plowboy
02-18-2006, 07:27 AM
Wow, I was just reading the Times Argus. Stratton had a 143 mph gust and Mount Mansfield had 103 mph gust.

Had to be the worst winds I have ever seen here. I was driving up G-flats. I look up and the poles are moving back and forth. The wires break next to me, I look in the rear view and the top of the pole I just passed breaks off. Fireworks everywhere!!!!
GMP was there within 30 min working on it. Not a job I would want yesterday. Debris was flying and trees were dropping around them. Our power was out for about 1 hr but, I'm sure there were others that have been out all night. We got lucky this time I guess.

noski
02-18-2006, 07:33 AM
Wow, I was just reading the Times Argus. Stratton had a 143 mph gust and Mount Mansfield had 103 mph gust.

Had to be the worst winds I have ever seen here. I was driving up G-flats. I look up and the poles are moving back and forth. The wires break next to me, I look in the rear view and the top of the pole I just passed breaks off. Fireworks everywhere!!!!
GMP was there within 30 min working on it. Not a job I would want yesterday. Debris was flying and trees were dropping around them. Our power was out for about 1 hr but, I'm sure there were others that have been out all night. We got lucky this time I guess.
:shock: It was wild. Lost power at work all afternoon (thus I was never able to sign off my computer!) and it blew the whole Festival of Lights scene off the Wait House porch, and everything was wired and screwed down! Driving home into Fayston seeing dozens of tree tops on the east side of the road and tree bases on the west side and lots of needles and chips in the road made me keep one eye out for more crashing trees. Was glad to get home!