PDA

View Full Version : Weather News

Treeskier
02-17-2006, 02:59 PM
Just in: We got hit with a 70+ MPH gust late morning and had to shut down all the lifts immediately. We incurred some substantial damage to one tower on Bravo which may require all day tomorrow to fix. It is too windy to send anyone safely up the tower until tomorrow. We also had the lift shack at the bottom of Sunny D actually get ripped into the air. We had a few of the new roof trusses on Claybrook torn down, but the replacements will be here on Monday. Fortunately, our team made sure that everyone was out of harm's way and there were no injuries. We had shut Bravo and were clearing the line when the gust lit. With the damage we had to evacuate 6 people from the lift. Fortunately they were near the top and we taken down very quickly and safely. Patrol did an excellent job. The plan tomorrow is to groom late (anything before midnight will just get blown away) We will open the gatehouse area first at 8 and then work over to Spring fling and Snowball and then move up Birch and the rest of the Mountain as the winds hopefully die down. People will have to use Valley and reverse traverse to access the upper mountain if winds allow it to open. Castlerock is shut until we get more snow. We are not turning on the snow guns tonight as the snow would probably end up in New Hampshire, but will be firing up in the am on in the gatehouse area and then moving around the mountain over the weekend to resurface. Tomorrow is going to be a challenging day but I think each day will get better with snowmaking, better temperatures and less wind. Slidebrook will also not be able to open until we get snow and the ability to access the lift on the Slidebrook roads.

Doing my snow dance!!!

ALLSKIING
02-17-2006, 04:44 PM
Just in: We got hit with a 70+ MPH gust late morning and had to shut down all the lifts immediately. We incurred some substantial damage to one tower on Bravo which may require all day tomorrow to fix. It is too windy to send anyone safely up the tower until tomorrow. We also had the lift shack at the bottom of Sunny D actually get ripped into the air. We had a few of the new roof trusses on Claybrook torn down, but the replacements will be here on Monday. Fortunately, our team made sure that everyone was out of harm's way and there were no injuries. We had shut Bravo and were clearing the line when the gust lit. With the damage we had to evacuate 6 people from the lift. Fortunately they were near the top and we taken down very quickly and safely. Patrol did an excellent job. The plan tomorrow is to groom late (anything before midnight will just get blown away) We will open the gatehouse area first at 8 and then work over to Spring fling and Snowball and then move up Birch and the rest of the Mountain as the winds hopefully die down. People will have to use Valley and reverse traverse to access the upper mountain if winds allow it to open. Castlerock is shut until we get more snow. We are not turning on the snow guns tonight as the snow would probably end up in New Hampshire, but will be firing up in the am on in the gatehouse area and then moving around the mountain over the weekend to resurface. Tomorrow is going to be a challenging day but I think each day will get better with snowmaking, better temperatures and less wind. Slidebrook will also not be able to open until we get snow and the ability to access the lift on the Slidebrook roads.

Doing my snow dance!!!
WOW..Thanks for the report..I hope they get Castlerock open before I get up there next Thu. Pray for snow!!!!