PDA

View Full Version : Conditions on Castlerock?

ALLSKIING
02-15-2006, 10:17 PM
How is it holding up this year?I would think today was nice but this weekend might be a bit of ice.

madskier6
02-16-2006, 05:26 PM
I skied Castlerock last weekend and conditions were mixed. On Saturday, I skied Middle Earth (twice) and Castlerock Run to Cotillion. Both runs were in pretty good shape considering the lousy January and lack of good snow in Feb so far. They were not in prime shape but I'm glad I skied them. Cotillion was an excellent run in good shape (relatively speaking).

On Sunday, I skied Castlerock Run and then Rumble. There was much more ice (than on Sat.) at the tops of each of the trails. Once you got a little further down the trail (past midway) the snow softened up and conditions were better. Overall, Saturday's conditions were better, however.

I realize this is somewhat dated info since it's from last weekend but take it for what it's worth.

As usual, Rumble was extreme! I'm glad I took it but it was very demanding. There is no doubt in my mind that that trail is the most difficult on the SB trail map. It was my first time taking it this year and I was not disappointed (although I was a little tired after skiing it).