PDA

View Full Version : Any reliable WiFi connections in the valley?

Schusseur
02-03-2006, 09:11 AM
Just wondering.

KingM
02-03-2006, 11:41 AM
Are you looking for a cafe, lodging, or what?

We've got Wi-Fi at the Golden Lion Inn.

Lostone
02-03-2006, 02:18 PM
I think there are a bunch of places where there is WiFi. I know of Sugarbush Inn, Castlerock, and my connection in Sugarbush Village.

I think KingM is right that you might want to supply more info for more help. :wink:

Strat
02-03-2006, 09:33 PM
At my house :mrgreen:

8)

Mr MRG Jr
02-04-2006, 07:49 AM
We lit the MRG Basebox this year...

-Neal

smootharc
02-05-2006, 08:03 PM
....is a firm that will set Wi-Fi up for individuals and businesses. Looked into it, but haven't use his services - thought my condo association might think about Wi-Fi but they haven't as of yet. He sounded knowledgeable during our brief conversations, but I have no information pro or con as to the firm's abilities.

Rustyfan
02-07-2006, 02:07 PM
I have a Waitsfield TC DSL with a Linksys router at my condo on the mountain. It's pretty easy to set up, but you'll be paying Waitsfield TC every month.

Windshield Ski Bum
02-09-2006, 08:17 PM
The rec center/ Health Club at The Bridges

LisaI
03-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Any cafes in the area have WiFi? Someplace I wouldn't feel funny hanging out for a while?

noski
03-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Any cafes in the area have WiFi? Someplace I wouldn't feel funny hanging out for a while? And therein lies the conundrum. Would a cafe put in wifi for folks to hang out awhile? Are those folks going to take a table for 2 hours and use free internet and maybe have a coffee and muffin? Not yet. However, I did chat with Three Mountain Cafe about this subject today. She is now looking at reconfiguring her retail space to accomodate folks specifically for that purpose, and still be able to keep the other tables turning. Not knowing where you are staying- or if you live here, it is possible you will have wireless nearby or onsite.

smootharc
03-06-2006, 06:42 AM
Any cafes in the area have WiFi? Someplace I wouldn't feel funny hanging out for a while? And therein lies the conundrum. Would a cafe put in wifi for folks to hang out awhile? Are those folks going to take a table for 2 hours and use free internet and maybe have a coffee and muffin? Not yet. However, I did chat with Three Mountain Cafe about this subject today. She is now looking at reconfiguring her retail space to accomodate folks specifically for that purpose, and still be able to keep the other tables turning. Not knowing where you are staying- or if you live here, it is possible you will have wireless nearby or onsite.

....has a huge upstairs lounge where the folks can take cafe (downstairs) food and wi-fi to their hearts content. Out of the way, and lots and lots of space. It is a sweet hangout, but they have the space, and I think alot of folks come and buy more than just muffins, though with their business it wouldn't matter.

noski
03-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Indeed, I have confirmed that Easy Street Cafe does have wireless onsite.

mattlucas
02-18-2009, 03:11 PM
green mountain cafe is now confirmed, just purchase something and they are cool with it.

noski
02-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Big Picture has free wifi too.

Lostone
02-18-2009, 07:48 PM
Wow! :shock:

That answer was a long time coming! :lol:

ski_resort_observer
02-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Gatehouse, Timbers and the Mt Ellen base lodge....no purchase required.

ScoobySnack
02-19-2009, 11:32 AM
Also the Hydeaway has it. Though good luck keeping spilled beer out of your laptop.