PDA

View Full Version : Is this accurate reporting of the conditions?

mikec13
01-19-2006, 04:34 PM
BREAKING SNOW NEWS:

Well in case you hadn’t heard, we got a nice shot of funky weather on Wednesday; everything from sneet, to sleet, to that annoying ‘R’ word. But after an intense night of snowmaking and grooming, the hill is coming back strong! We dropped our trail count to 45 and closed the upper mountain on Thursday so our ops teams could have room to roam, but we’ll be back up to 66 trails on Friday and will be over 70 trails come the weekend. We are making snow at every opportunity and we are expecting some of the white stuff to fall on Friday and Saturday.

The Bottom Line: Where we have made snow (on trails like Murphy’s Glades, Birdland, Snowball, Lower North Star, and more) the skiing and riding are sweet; doubly so after we have groomed them. On our natural terrain that has no snowmaking and we only groom occasionally... well let’s just say I'd stick to the groomers if you're going to bring that shiny new equipment. But if you do like the steeps, the word from snowplan is that we’ll be dropping a winch cat down Exterminator on Thursday night and FIS on Friday night. It could just wind up being a great weekend.

The above was taken from an email I just recieved from the Bush. I will be coming up regardless but I want to manage my expectations properly. What do things look like up there? I was amazed how well the mountain recovered after the Christmas week rain and I am hopeful that they will be able to do so again.

skiladi
01-19-2006, 06:29 PM
BREAKING SNOW NEWS:

Well in case you hadn’t heard, we got a nice shot of funky weather on Wednesday; everything from sneet, to sleet, to that annoying ‘R’ word. But after an intense night of snowmaking and grooming, the hill is coming back strong! We dropped our trail count to 45 and closed the upper mountain on Thursday so our ops teams could have room to roam, but we’ll be back up to 66 trails on Friday and will be over 70 trails come the weekend. We are making snow at every opportunity and we are expecting some of the white stuff to fall on Friday and Saturday.

The Bottom Line: Where we have made snow (on trails like Murphy’s Glades, Birdland, Snowball, Lower North Star, and more) the skiing and riding are sweet; doubly so after we have groomed them. On our natural terrain that has no snowmaking and we only groom occasionally... well let’s just say I'd stick to the groomers if you're going to bring that shiny new equipment. But if you do like the steeps, the word from snowplan is that we’ll be dropping a winch cat down Exterminator on Thursday night and FIS on Friday night. It could just wind up being a great weekend.

The above was taken from an email I just recieved from the Bush. I will be coming up regardless but I want to manage my expectations properly. What do things look like up there? I was amazed how well the mountain recovered after the Christmas week rain and I am hopeful that they will be able to do so again.

I have not been there since 1/9 but I did go to Jay on Tuesday BEFORE the rain and it was crap. They reported 10" while I think the 'bush reported 4 or 5 but it was all windblown and we yoyo'd Poma line to the north boundary and had a pretty good time. You can't blame the areas for trying to put the best spin on the garbage that has fallen from the sky! Things ARE looking up for the weekend. I imagine the groomers will be satisfactory. If you are looking for better than that I suggest you hop a plane. Can you tell I'm ready? ; {

summitchallenger
01-19-2006, 07:11 PM
I think that it is all relative to what we have seen. I have not skied in a week, but it has been a tough past few days. No high expectations. We lost a lot of snow.